Professor Paddle: Outfitting your kayak vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Outfitting your kayak Post Reply Post New Topic
STLboater
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote STLboater Replybullet Topic: Outfitting your kayak
    Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:07am
Hitting your zen spot in your creeker takes a good deal of time and outfitting tweaks. With the improvements in the stock outfitting systems, I feel like a lot of people no longer foam their boats out. We still add padding into the prefabricated hip pads, but other than that, everything seems to be adjustable. There is still variation between outfitting systems from different manufacturers, for example some companies have added adjustments so you can change the pitch of your seat, and there are definitively more/less aggressive thigh hooks. What is the perfect system for your paddling style and body type? What outfitting features do you like and not like in your kayaks, and do you supplement with foam and glue?

-MG
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Scott_H
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scott_H Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 1:04pm
I like your idea of an outfitting clinic - wish that had been available when I first started boating.  It was years before I really enhanced the fit of my boat.  I think beginners could really benefit from this.
The adding of knee blocks and thigh risers (my term) has helped a lot in terms of creating a better connection to my boat.
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version