Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13671
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 12:53pm

Topic: Outfitting your kayak
Posted By: STLboater
Subject: Outfitting your kayak
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 11:07am
Hitting your zen spot in your creeker takes a good deal of time and outfitting tweaks. With the improvements in the stock outfitting systems, I feel like a lot of people no longer foam their boats out. We still add padding into the prefabricated hip pads, but other than that, everything seems to be adjustable. There is still variation between outfitting systems from different manufacturers, for example some companies have added adjustments so you can change the pitch of your seat, and there are definitively more/less aggressive thigh hooks. What is the perfect system for your paddling style and body type? What outfitting features do you like and not like in your kayaks, and do you supplement with foam and glue?

-MG

-------------
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor

Replies:
Posted By: Scott_H
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 1:04pm
I like your idea of an outfitting clinic - wish that had been available when I first started boating.  It was years before I really enhanced the fit of my boat.  I think beginners could really benefit from this.
The adding of knee blocks and thigh risers (my term) has helped a lot in terms of creating a better connection to my boat.

-------------
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”

Print Page | Close Window