Professor Paddle: Log Limbo exit ENTIRELY blocked... vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Log Limbo exit ENTIRELY blocked... Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Log Limbo exit ENTIRELY blocked...
    Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:00pm
A little Upper Ici Update for yall:
Went up there yesterday, fancying a highwater solo Upper Ici run, not knowing how high it actually was. Turned out to be 2300 and rising.

Log Limbo not only has the spanning log on R. Left blocking the left channel that exits the rapid, but now THERE IS A SECOND LOG spanning the R. Right channel. High water paddlers will now be required to eddy out R. Left above the last hole to take out there, or eddy out in the big eddy on the right and portage, then ferry across.

We've been ducking the pre existing R. Left log at medium flows.

Man, it was higher than I ever paddled it yesterday. There were "sneak routes" open along the banks that I've never seen. I was chomping to run it, and made myself scout thouroughly. Roadside and Born On The Fourth of July were huge, but looked doable. Log Limbo though was Gnar. Straight up Gnar. I backed off from my desires and went to the Lower instead, and that turned out to be good. While the Lower wasn't as high as I'd run it, it was high. Should be higher today.

In other eastside news, Ingalls/Peshstin was booming yesterday, too. Met up witha boater who has been ducking in and out of the neighborhood and we ripped off a run. It was on the high side of what I'd run it in the past, solid IV fun. Even Peshastin creek was more IV. From what I can tell its clean, unless there is wood underwater that was covered by the high flow. But I think I'd have seen it. The only wood in Ingalls/Peshastin of note is on the upstream end of the island just before the Peshastin confluence, but the route through is fine. Just watch out. Icicle and Peshastin aren't effected with windfall like the Lake Wenatchee region, but still keep those eyes peeled as stuff will shift around
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2013 at 7:21pm
Went up there again today just to have a look. I was certain 3300 cfs or whatever it was by then would be too much water for any portion of Icicle's goods. Still, I wanted to see what it looked like.

My above post was certainly short lived in its relevancy. Pretty sure that right side of the big boulder below Limbo will be clean when the water drops. Didn't see that new wood that was there day before yesterday.

Instead, maybe some slightly good news: the main limbo log halfway down the rapid has been elevated. The skinny end that was pinned against a boulder center left is now propped up on top of said boulder. Pretty impressive. This is good news because it opens up route finding options in the middle of the rapid, as well as adding head room for running down the right at higher flows.

I know, no one really gives a sh*t. I'm just geeking out I suppose, but that may be one of my favorite rapids on Ici, so I'm stoked to be able to mix it up and run different lines through it.

Icicle and Tumwater are simply sick high right now.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JD_G
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote JD_G Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2013 at 8:39pm
Hey JP....yes, some of us do give a sh*t, and truly appreciate you keeping us up to date on what's going on with the LTown options.  So keep up the reporting. 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
chipmaney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote chipmaney Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:39pm
yeah you're a geek. the bill gates of ww kayaking. except way louder, and with all that red hair. or was that old jp? i seem to remember you got a haircut.
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:31am
JP! I'll be in der towne tonight. Rally!
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2013 at 5:05pm
Icicle this weekend! On my way!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version