Professor Paddle: Foss River vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Foss River Post Reply Post New Topic
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote huckin harms Replybullet Topic: Foss River
    Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 5:58pm

Some new wood to look out for on Foss.  First obvious spot is just below and visible from Put In spot.  Next rider wide pieces are several ledges below Ken and Barbie.  We were able to get over the wood w/o portage but lower levels would mean a portage.  It is visible from upstream.   Med-low at 8200 on Skykomish.  I expect this will have water in it for some days/months to come.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 5:46pm
We should have read your post before Sunday Mike! All went well, we had an interesting little traffic jam on the second one
Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 10:14am
It was good to go!
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 12:28pm

Glad to hear you's it this up on your way back from Icicle.  I take it TT was on the way up when you passed by. 

I checked in on the Rapid River yesterday... its got a couple new pieces of wood sticking into the river from the banks but nothing river wide and should be fine, but as always keep a keen eye on this one.  There was snow still on the road preventing access to the upper .2 mile.   That should melt out soon. 

Also, Money Crk had water in it (mediumish) yesterday.  I saw no new wood from road and it looked good to go.  Road was drivable to put in. 

water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:58pm
Mike, is the wood likely to move downstream with this recent high water?
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:39pm
The wood on the Foss is not likely to move anytime soon.  The first spot is easy to get thru/ under as it spans above the river and is easily visible from put in.  The other spot is not going to flush and is river wide.  It is not as easily spotted as it is at river level and does pose a significant hazard if not identified in time.  One can get over it easy enough from river left at mediumish levels.  Low levels might require a short easy carry around on river left. 

The foss was 8k going up when we did it.  And it will likely remain 'in' throughout weekend and into next week; just a guess.
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:43pm
Also careful on that second piece of wood if you approach from river right. I went Right/Center/Left, and from river right it looked like I had a much bigger slot than reality. As I approached I realized I had to scramble to get further left when more of the wood became visible.
Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
chipmaney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote chipmaney Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by huckin harms

Also, Money Crk had water in it (mediumish) yesterday.  I saw no new wood from road and it looked good to go.  Road was drivable to put in. 

nice, we tried to hit money creek last spring and the road was out. i'm very interested in gettin on this one, what's the optimal flow range on the sky to look for, mike?

Edited by chipmaney - 25 Apr 2012 at 5:58pm
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 8:01am
@ chipper... I'D Look for at least 10 and probably 12k on sky @ GB for Money on snowmelt.  The season goes quick in Spring.  Hopefully the next bump up will offer an opportunity to get after it.

Going out to the Foss and maybe TT today if anyone's interested and staying 'local'.  Starting around 11 or noon.  WOn't be a high flow and maybe lowish.  Sky lap afterwards....
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version