Professor Paddle: Granite Falls Question... vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Granite Falls Question... Post Reply Post New Topic
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blair Replybullet Topic: Granite Falls Question...
    Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 3:48am
So I was reading about the robe canyon run on under PP rivers and saw that it says to take out immediately below the bridge because granite falls is just ahead... Is this because the falls are not runnable or simply to avoid the meth heads in granite falls city?
I haven't looked at these falls in over a year (before I stepped up my paddling to new levels), so if it's because they aren't run, tell me the reasoning prease.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 6:44am
Blair, I don't mean for this to come across as mean... BUT<  do yourself the favor of going to look at it again.  It's worth the exercise and will clear up any misunderstandings you previously had about Granite Falls.  Besides there aren't any Meth heads in Granite Falls anymore... they cleaned house and it's all clear.  :)
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 9:31am
Go for it Blair, but let me know first. I'm always on the hunt for more carnage footage...
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 2:25pm
It's the full burl, Blair. Rob hasn't even run it, although it has been run at a very low level.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 5:39pm
I'll convince D4 to paddle it. I was just talking to him on the phone while he was preoccupied reading about ropes on the internet and I asked if he has paddled Granite Falls and he said "no." So I asked why, and he said "I'll get around to it someday." Then he snapped back and said "No one paddles Granite Falls! You die in there!"
Anyways, the point is, I'll catch him off track again (not hard to do), and before we know it, we'll be getting some good carnage video for Dan.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 5:43pm
Rob could run this. Easy Peasy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPs-Ggmk6JA&hd=1
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 5:43pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPs-Ggmk6JA&hd=1
just copy and paste the stoopid thing. Every time I add links, they link back to the PP.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 2:42pm
its cool now that we got Al Gore to invent a medium that we can armchair scout from the comfort of our own homes with, but Mike's right:

If you are truly curious about any drop, you should visit it in person. I remember when that was the only option short of putting on. There were no photos of most of these runs, or internet. Just rumors or a trickle of beta, enshrouded in mystery. Kinda miss those days when you had to compile the list of rivers on the noaa hotline in order so when you called it up you could quickly go down the whole list and write down the flows.

My suggestion:

Next time you head up to run Canyon Creek, at least allow an extra 5 min to stop and check it out.

Even better: Plan to hike into Robe Canyon either before or after your CC Stilly run. If you aspire to run some gnarly sh*t, hiking in and looking at Robe is easy to do and is a great way to soul search your readiness for that run. Some people knee-jerk and scoff and say they aren't ready, so why bother? Well, like Mike said- it's a good exercise, and it may inspire you as you improve your skills.

Have a great year of paddling, Blair!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 4:33pm
Yeah, I asked someone for some beta on a run I want to do. I kinda hope I don't get it. I love the mystery and discovery of it all. In a way it makes the run less scary. I don't see it, hear about it, or get a mental picture (which in my case is always scarier than the rapid is) of it. I just get to go do it...   
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version