Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9137
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:26pm

Topic: Sitkum Beta...
Posted By: tiziak
Subject: Sitkum Beta...
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:22pm
Anybody know where to gage flows? What is a good flow and what is a "Dan might have an epic" flow? Who knows the lines? Hoover prolly.

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Replies:
Posted By: James
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:55pm
Hoover for sure. Been down it and remember most of the drops.... Mainly because there is one that you an run backwards, spinning with your eyes closed.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:56pm
Word. Lets rally James...

-------------

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:09pm
When you thinkin' Dan?

Posted By: septimus prime
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:40pm
After talking to Hoover, this is a high priority for me. 

-------------
Jon Shell Bee

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:49pm
Well, as soon as I get a new boat! Or at least a loaner. Time line-wise? Whenever, Im only working two days a week these days.

-------------

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:24pm
It looks like a sweet run.

Posted By: myak
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:39pm
James.  u have to quit holding my feet to the fire about that little o ledge that eat some boats that day on the sitcum, Remember u did get even with me last summer in IDAHO.........remember..... down the middle and boof hard....AS FAR AS I CAN TELL.WE ARE EVEN OR U STILL HAVE A BIT OF AN EDGE ON ME..IT'S ALL GOOD.......Hoov

-------------
mike hoover

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:37pm
hahaha.. ok ok were good.

I never said anything about you... shaeeezzzz

Count me in, I'm running low on my hoovetime!

Posted By: STLboater
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:12am
I'm in as long as someone else is also driving from the Tacoma side of things.

The PP mapplet says this run is just off the coast of Africa... Do I need malaria pills?

-------------
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor

Posted By: WA-Boater
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:30pm
Dan-
you are more than welcome to borrow the rockit anytime. swing by and pick it up any time. just let me know before you stop by so my wife doesn't shoot you.

d

-------------

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:37pm
Sitkum is high on my OP list as well.
I'd like to head over there some weekend when we think it's gonna be in, bring a creeker and a playboat- maybe to take out in the surf. Maybe another boat or two besides.

Keep me in the loop if ya can. Been wanting to check this one out for some time....

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Posted By: JayB
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:12pm
Is this the Upper Upper run? Post up some info on the Rivers page unless this is one of the secret runs that will get too crowded if word gets out....

-------------
-Jay

Posted By: myak
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:06am
JayB,There is no secret about this run, It is along way from any where and the flows are kinda hard to catch. There are 2 class fourish runs in the upper drainage with fun drops but ther is a fair amount of 2,3 in between the fun sections  but still worth the trip to make it out there if the level is right ....got questions give me call 360-461-4662..hoov

-------------
mike hoover

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
Can I come?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:38am
If I'm not going .... 

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:43am
Well - you never go anyways...so I guess I am ok. Now if Hoov won't boat with me, well, that could be a serious problem...

-------------

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by myak

JayB,There is no secret about this run, It is along way from any where and the flows are kinda hard to catch. There are 2 class fourish runs in the upper drainage with fun drops but ther is a fair amount of 2,3 in between the fun sections  but still worth the trip

That's what you can call "self regulating"
Between the distance out there and the fickle nature of it's flow cycles, not many people run this very often at all.

You need Korb's book, or some online source other than PP if you want more info than the database here provides. And Korb's book is not only out of print, but aside from the directions and details related to access (really quite helpfull) you'll find his river decriptions rather vague at times. Still a valuable resource for th OP though.

Looks like we're in a dry spell again, so I wouldn't count on getting out there soon. That last week long spell of rain would've been a great time to hit it up, I bet. Hindsight's 20/20.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Print Page | Close Window