Trip Discussion's: Tilton on Sunday Discussion Thread
Print Page | Close Window

Tilton on Sunday Discussion Thread

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9066
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:09am

Topic: Tilton on Sunday Discussion Thread
Posted By: matta
Subject: Tilton on Sunday Discussion Thread
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 10:32pm

This is the Tilton on Sunday discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the http://Professorpaddle.com/ppages/rte/tripdetails.asp?task=View&TripId=870 - Tilton on Sunday | Trip Page

Me and a friend will head down to the tilton on Sunday if it is at a decent level the bottom doesn't drop out. Anyone else up?

Replies:
Posted By: Weide
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 10:50pm

I'm gonna keep my eye on this one. If it stays below 3k I'm in and I'll bring Josh with me.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 10:33am
great! - Good chance we'd bag out if it was above 3k also. Mainly just want to touch base b/f hand so we don't drive down separately if we don't have to (our plans may change to something closer if it is just the two of us - Otherwise it's the tilton if the level is good) .

Posted By: Kiwi
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:09am
the tilton is easier above 3k, just fyi...

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:34am
thanks - this'd be our second time on it - first was around 1000.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:35am
Im gonna check the level again at 8 2nite and make a final decision

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:31pm
it's harder at 1000.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 2:43pm
Interesting re: level.

I'm on the fence about playboat/creekboat. Leap of faith felt hard for me around 1000 - I intended to go right at the bottom but had some difficulty in the top part, think I rolled and just went left at the bottom cause all the water was headed that way and I wasn't sure if I could get right. All I know is that I was super happy to be upright when going around that rock at the bottom of it.

What's it like around 1500 - 2000? It looks like there's a good chance that's where it'll be tomorrow. . .

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 3:46pm
it's hardest around 1500, it's not high enough to wash out stuff, but sneaks aren't open yet. 2000 is a great level, surf city is in good, and the lower gorge is really fun, all the drops are just beginning to wash out and you can really fly if you don't stop to scout anything. on my last run I tried a lot of different lines. on the first big drop I got rear endered in a hole on RR at the top.
you'll like it tomorrow, levels should be pretty good...

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 8:21pm
It's on Bit$#es! Tomorrow, I will check the Tilton off the bucket list! I'm rocking the river runner.

Posted By: josho
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 8:53pm
I am in.

-------------
The fat lady has not sang.

Print Page | Close Window