Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates: Leifs Thread
Print Page | Close Window

Leifs Thread

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Site Support
Forum Name: Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Forum Discription: Find something broken, Have an Idea, Find something new!
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8984
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:39am

Topic: Leifs Thread
Posted By: RemAcct2
Subject: Leifs Thread
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:12pm
Seems like I have heard that term before...somewhere else...

Replies:
Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:19pm
Was it on smartass.com?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
It's a great feature, and I hope people use it.  Now, to continue to harass James, since he likes to harass me...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Aamericanwhitewater.org+stream+team - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Aamericanwhitewater.org+"stream+team"

-------------

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:51am
Oh well. Like always I made a mistake, good thing I won't be helping post the beta anymore, and like always your a harassment, good thing you never have helped post any beta.

But to keep my original thread clean and many future threads from the Hi-Jack Dijour, I introduce Leifs Thread. A new place where you can get your daily dose of douche!

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:36pm
Cool Leif, now you have your own thread where you can talk as much smack as you want. And everyone else knows what they're getting into! A win / win for everyone!

But James, somehow I fear this won't contain the driftwood from collecting in the other eddies throughout the forum. We will all still need to remain alert as we "Read N Run" lest we encounter more Leif-jams on other threads!

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:45pm
Seriously, though James, it's not too late to change the "Stream Team" title, and honestly - in the Leifster's defense it's not really out of line for him to draw attention to this. I thought AW's term was Stream Keeper . Shows you how much I know.
How bout "Creek Geeks" or "Betazoids" or "Beta Boss" (Now you know jP likes that one!--totally just kiddin).

Anyway- the point is we can come up with something else if you think we need to. It may be best for all parties concerned. But the overall concept is a god one: and i'm willing to put in some work however I can witht he site because i do like it and it's too much work for one person to keep up on.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:17pm
It's the typical double standard around here.  Everyone gives me sh*t, but the moment I give some back, everyone gets their proverbial panties in a bundle...

-------------

Posted By: Jed Hawkes
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:20pm
This is dumb.

-------------
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:22pm
Yeah, it's kinda dumb.
 You gotta admit though Leif, I did defend you. But not without jabbing where jabbing is due. I'm fair that way, at least.
But yeah, it's kinda dumb.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:28pm
Yes, JP, you did.  Thank you.  This is dumb.  Perhaps James should delete the whole thread.  I made the initial post to discretely suggest we not copy the AW terminology, and to provide a minor jab to James.  But yes, dumb.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm
You guys pick a name and I will change the titles.

Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:54pm
How about RiverGods®?

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:01pm
My suggestions are:
RioBanditos
or
GangGreen
or
BetaCareATeam

Posted By: Jed Hawkes
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:50pm
infortainers

-------------
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723

Posted By: septimus prime
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:03pm
steady eddies

-------------
Jon Shell Bee

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 5:14pm
I really like Steady Eddies. Anyone else have an idea? if not I might just make the change to that?

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:53pm
i read this post and still have no idea what you guys are talking about...

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:37am
CREEK GEEK

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:22pm
My final votes, listed in an "instant runnoff" or "ranked choice" fashion:

RioBanditos
BetaCareAteam
SteadyEddies
GangGreen

(On further consideration I'm not so fond of "Creek Geeks", as I don't care to draw anymore attention to the fact that, yes, I am a geek.  )

I will throw out a few more suggestions, silly though they may be...

River Czar (I've always wanted to be a Czar)
Minister Of River Beta

I don't know. Whenever it's time to come up with a name for the rock band, you just have to be willing to brainstorm. To wade through a mountain of silly ideas. This liberates the imagination if you just go with it, and eventually something good will sprout up.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Print Page | Close Window