Trip Discussion's: White Salmon Weekend Discussion Thread
Print Page | Close Window

White Salmon Weekend Discussion Thread

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8646
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:00pm

Topic: White Salmon Weekend Discussion Thread
Posted By: Weide
Subject: White Salmon Weekend Discussion Thread
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 10:20am

This is the White Salmon Weekend discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the http://Professorpaddle.com/ppages/rte/tripdetails.asp?task=View&TripId=825 - White Salmon Weekend | Trip Page

One last fling before september! I'm headed down Friday morning and will nab as many camp sites as we need!

Replies:
Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 11:26am
Maybe?

-------------
Sure?

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 12:31pm
Well, I'm running the White Salmon at the exclusion of all other rivers lately for the purpose of making a buck. Yes sir. Livestock transport.

In the raft guiding community, it's all about the falls down here, and I gotta say: it's a lot of fun.

So most likely I'll be working saturday and sunday. But anyone coming down should at least make an effort to get a hold of me- I'm always down with partying in the evenings. Ask the crew that was down there last weekend-- I manged to wipe out HARD while walking towards a campfire- the fire blacked out my night vision and I walked right into a rugged 4' high ROCK--damn I got at least 7 or 8 seperate cuts alll over my feet, legs and arms/hands/fingers. And I was SOBER!!  Not for very long after that though! 

Posted By: ThrowYaMittsUp
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by jP

the fire blacked out my night vision and I walked right into a rugged 4' high ROCK--damn I got at least 7 or 8 seperate cuts alll over my feet, legs and arms/hands/fingers. And I was SOBER!!  Not for very long after that though! 

What do you mean. There was no campfire.

Posted By: Old Fart
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:12pm
Any of you boys that came down with Nick last week end comin back for more Truss?
Scott

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:26pm
Tempting, but I am planning to go to Canadia.  Others may be up for that.  A number of folks seem to not have passports, so they will be stuck south of the border.

-------------

Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by leifkirchoff

Tempting, but I am planning to go to Canadia.  Others may be up for that.  A number of folks seem to not have passports, so they will be stuck south of the border.

Leif - If you are heading elsewhere why the fuck would you post here?
I know you are a semi intelligent person and can read the   "White Salmon Weekend" tag line. Are you insinuating that a person without a passport is less responsible than someone with a passport? Is there any other way that you would like attempt to assert your superiority over everyone else in the world? Penis size?
What the Fuck does a White Salmon trip have to do with Canada?
f**king Republicans!

-------------
Sure?

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 8:38pm
I paddled the Truss last weekend with the gentleman making the prior post, and thought I would respond.  And, for legal reasons, I have been advised to concur that there was no such campfire last weekend.

As far as asserting superiority; it is only over you, Tobin.  You know you are a secret closet Republican.

-------------

Posted By: Liz
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 6:21am
haha!  Now that's some funny stuff.

Posted By: Wiggins
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 12:09pm
I am trying to get time off to come down for the weekend. I should know later this week.

Kyle

-------------
I smell bacon

Posted By: DaveH
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 12:13pm
Sounds like there's gonna be a goodly number of folks (I'll be coming with at least 4 more)
Anyone know how much it costs to grab the group campground?
-Dave

-------------
206-795-0617

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 8:41am
If I remember correctily, there are no reservations, however, I do remember a group site with a firefighter convention the last time I was there.

My plan is to grab as many adjoining campsites as  we need early Friday afternoon.

Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 10:45am
Originally posted by DaveH

Sounds like there's gonna be a goodly number of folks (I'll be coming with at least 4 more)
Anyone know how much it costs to grab the group campground?
-Dave

Assuming you mean Guler-Trout Lake campground, here's the fee schedule... it's variable depending on how many people are in your group.

The first column is per day the 2nd is per week.

Group Camping:

1 to 20 Individuals

N/A

N/A

21 to 35 Individuals

N/A

N/A

36 to 50 Individuals

N/A

N/A

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 12:15pm
I have a call in to the attendant to inquire about availibility of the group site. It is only cost effective if we need three or more regular campsites.

If it is availible, I will need to get some confirmations on how many people are coming.

http://www.klickitatcounty.org/BldGrounds/default.asp?fCategoryIDSelected=-1633991138 - http://www.klickitatcounty.org/BldGrounds/default.asp?fCategoryIDSelected=-1633991138

Posted By: oukr9965
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 1:21pm
What are you guys planning on running and on what days?

-------------
-Lanson

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 3:00pm
Scott,
Yeah it may only be cost effective if we need more than 3 sites but, if we grab that big one, well hell, it's a mini PP Ball.
I'd be willing to throw in my 20 or 30 bucks (then drink everyone's beer and claim it as "repayment").
Also, might save you some trouble trying to save those extra sites.
Let me know what you find out, and if you want any help and/or cash.
-Dave

-------------
206-795-0617

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:20am
No group sites available. She said we will have no problem getting adjoining sites. I will be down there around noon on Friday and will snatch up the primo sites!
I plan to run laps on the BZ section. I think the others will be too low.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:22am
Last time I was there, we got sites #7-12. I am aming for that section again.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 12:59pm
Sounds good, man - thanks for checking.
I'll be there Friday evening - see ya then!

-------------
206-795-0617

Posted By: tiziak
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 10:15am
Have fun Dave. Why dont I have a BFF anymore man? You gotta get a creeker! 

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 10:17am
You guys know there us a ton of premo (free) camp sites just a couple more minutes up the road on FR23 & 25? No showers, but thats what there experiance is all about!

-------------

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: josho
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 4:28am

-------------
The fat lady has not sang.

Posted By: TastyWaves
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 10:13pm
anybody carpooling?? If not I have room 

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 7:07am
My truck is full.

I need to get some sort of count for campsites. My truckload needs one, Dave needs one, anyone else?

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 10:48am
Hey Dan,
You need to get your creek-y ass down there, and come do some non-deadly boating with the rest of us for a weekend.
(don't worry, you won't have to take a shower if you don't want to)

-------------
206-795-0617

Posted By: Ryan
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 12:02pm
What's the stick gauge at?  Please say above 2 feet!!!

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 8:39pm

I'd say the sitck gauge says "Good to Go!"

Posted By: Old Fart
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 9:08pm
It was a little over 1.5 on Saturday

Posted By: josho
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:00am
Good to go, or die trying!

-------------
The fat lady has not sang.

Posted By: Ryan
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 9:59am
Ouch, 1.5 is low low. 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 10:01am
UU Cispus is still in...

-------------

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 11:54am
I would down like a clown for this weekend!!!!

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:02pm
I'll be around. Sorry if I havn't been reachable so much by phone. Just not in a reception friendly zone lately. But I will be around the 1.5' White Salmon this weekend.

Yeah it's low, but Orletta is still good, if a bit bony in sections. Recently while hiking into the Orletta we found some strange tapeworm-like beings in a stagnant pool in the dried up creekbed. Bryce pulled one out of the pool with a stick to check it out, and he might have killed it. I'm telling you this because we believe he may have inadvertently started an intergalactic war. Still, it's a pretty section of river and there's some good 'lil boofs in there these days. Right below one of them we saw a large beaver inside a deep cave.

Not Truss'n it so much these days though. Watch the "Elbow Basher" rapid if you go in there- more people are walkin it now. Big Bro, too.

Hussum Falls isn't so big and mean, although I did see a kayaker get trashed in there last sunday. Lots of people are wigged out by the fact that it's different this season.

Posted By: ThrowYaMittsUp
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:19pm
Orletta is sweet, though I'm a little worried about hiking in there now that we have an intergalactic battle going on. Oh well, just set the phasers to kill.

By putting in below lower Zig Zag, you get to run some good class 4ish bolder gardens and 1 big waterfall if you up for it, but you miss the more intimidating stuff up stream. You're below the springs, so there is decent water, but you still get the narrow canyon "creeky" feel of green truss.

That being said, its good to hear from you JP, and there are a few of us who are tossing around the idea of heading your way this weekend. 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 8:58pm
How many sites people? Right now only Dave has requested I reserve one for him? WTF are you guys coming or what?

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 10:34pm
We might need two!
Josh and Joe are coming with some friends. Hopefully there'll be raft and some PFD's too.

-------------
206-795-0617

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 10:46pm
Final Tally:

Dave's crew: 2 sites
Earl and company: 1 site
A-Town Crew: 1 site

Last call?

Print Page | Close Window