Trip Discussion's: Operation Aplets & Cotlets Discussion Thread
Print Page | Close Window

Operation Aplets & Cotlets Discussion Thread

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8275
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:25am

Topic: Operation Aplets & Cotlets Discussion Thread
Posted By: James
Subject: Operation Aplets & Cotlets Discussion Thread
Date Posted: 19 May 2009 at 11:24pm

This is the Operation Aplets & Cotlets discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the http://Professorpaddle.com/ppages/rte/tripdetails.asp?task=View&TripId=779 - Operation Aplets & Cotlets | Trip Page

What is the Aplets & Coplets Operation?

Top Secret DUH!

At 11:30pm we will meet on sat night. The group will assemble at the main Campfire. Mission debriefing will be executed at 11:45.

The Elite Soldiers who are prepared for this mission will move down range with open fire approval. Rodeo Hole may never be the same, Turkey Shoot will more than likely get a 3rd name, and Cashmere might no longer be standing. Prepare safety kits and combat technique, this is the real thing.

Full Assault Paddle Battle

Replies:
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:04am
To offer just a little more information on this elusive event. All participants must meet a minimum of 4 of the below requirements.

1. be over the age of 18
2. be able to swim in the dark
3. kayaker must be able to roll in the dark. (Non Paddlers Invited & Encouraged)
4. be capable of lifting 25 lbs
5. be able to perform 30 push ups in under 1 minute
6. have 20/200 vision or better

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:06pm
Are you CRAZY!!!...30 push ups in less than a minute???

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 12:23pm
To join the mission you only have to satisfy 4 of those requirements.

Although you do drive like your blind, I know our not, and your certainly over 18 right???? only need two more

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 1:37pm
This is going to end up being some kind of PR nightmare I'll end up having to fix, isn't it?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:06pm
Dave can't role, doesn't act over 18, barely can swim during the day, and can't lift anything with the smashed finger.  Can we add a talent for farting to the list.  That will help both Dave and I out.

Ryan's likely to again call me out on my 3rd grade humor which, evidently, no one thinks is funny.

-------------

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:46pm
Trust US, Leif, we'd prefer it if you felt less compelled to "fix things" -- just kiddin, half kiddin. meant in a fun way, because I know your comment was an expression of humor also. Because I know you.

Anyway I am DOWN. I just hope there's some moonlight-- it helps a little. After a few moonlight runs on the Snatch, I'm amazed at how dark it is in there. Fortunately there are no boulders. Not even a single rock, ecept maybe in the eddy at Turkeysnoot.

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:56pm
Little do you know, I've smoothed out quite a few public relations messes.  I work behind the scenes, and don't care for credit.  While I don't much care what other kayakers think of me, I do care what outsiders and government agencies think of our sport.  My focus is making sure we don't loose access due to poor public perception, which has been happening on the east coast.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 8:56pm
Now should I actually bring guns, or is "move down range with open fire approval" a metaphor?

-------------

Posted By: Jeff
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:49pm
What could possibly go wrong???

-------------
"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/

Posted By: hugo
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by leifkirchoff

This is going to end up being some kind of PR nightmare I'll end up having to fix, isn't it?

I'm sure that you are the one that people want on damage control.  You piss off most kayakers, why would the general masses be any different?

-------------
suck it

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:18pm
Hugo, it is ironic you made that statement.  How many people have you angered?  The so called "kayakers" that you claim I have "pissed off" are a few people who are evidently unwilling or unable to have a civilized debate around an issue.  Why should I care if someone gets angry at me because I voice an opinion which may be contradictory or unpopular.  Should intellectual integrity have some importance, or would you rather everyone agree with the perceived "core" leadership in this sport, as measured by first decents or waterfall height records, like a mass of syncophantic lemmings?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by leifkirchoff

Should intellectual integrity have some importance, or would you rather everyone agree with the perceived "core" leadership in this sport, as measured by first decents or waterfall height records, like a mass of syncophantic lemmings?

why does it get back to this with you?  I am sorry that you suck at this sport, but you need to be okay with that.  you do not have to be good at kayaking to have fun at it.  Get over whatever issues you have about not being accepted in the kayaking community, I am sure that it is nothing new for you.

hugo

-------------
suck it

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:33pm
There is no kayaking community, only cliques.  But really, Hugo, this isn't about me, my paddling, or my issues, but rather your continued need to be divisive in the one bastion of hope for knitting together these incongruous cliques into something approximating a community.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:42pm
I'll drop it, if you admit that it is the dumb shit that comes out of you mouth that makes people not want to boat with you.  You are really the only one that complains about the lack of community here.

-------------
suck it

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:45pm
You guys...... Oh you guys....

The Operation is not for more than a week. And I will make sure that you are on opposite sides.

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:46pm
I will meet you half way and agree there are people who won't boat with another person because they dislike the opinions of the other person.  I am not prepared to concede that "dumb sh*%" comes out of my mouth, but I recognize that is your opinion, and it wouldn't make me not boat with you.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:22pm
Who cares? Off the topic of paddling once again and on the topic of typing out something stupid to prove something stupid. Leif, when will you figure out that the only reason Hugo gets any fuel is because you (and, yeah, a few others) feed it to him. Hook line and sinker everytime, dude. No one in the "Community" should want to read this crap.

Leif, You don't represent me. Your "PR" is not needed, not wanted, and most likely to only make things worse.

At least I'm capable of looking in the mirror and realizing that I have the ability to resist these petty exchanges. I suggest you try it too.

Back on Topic: I didn't see much moon there last weekend.  But it is there. Hopefully it'll be clear. Anyone interested should try to figure out when the moon will be highest in the sky, and then we can plan accordingly. If it's not your cup of tea, just let us enjoy ourselves. Paddling is as much about freedom as anything else.

Let's support each other's life liberty and pursuit of happiness on the river, instead of trying to beat each other down. YOU choose to put on the river. No one forces you to run any particular drop. Let others choose how to follow their bliss, chart their own course, and shred their own lines.

Posted By: kurle
Date Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:35pm
what kind of mayhem are we talkin' here...

Should i start putting spikes in my elbow pads and barbed wire around my boat?

Posted By: kurle
Date Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:43pm
   http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000">   http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000 -   http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000">

http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNfox000&utm_id=7923">

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:57pm
Jeees, you guys come back from sitting in traffic for hours upon end from the Wenanchee and your panties are all in a bunch.
I am cool and relaxed after a weekend on the Green and a relaxing weekend around the house getting yard work done...

NO TRAFFIC and NO STRESS, you guys really missed out.

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 26 May 2009 at 7:30am
No spikes, and no barbed wire... You can plan on bringing your boat or being a passenger. NO Lights, waterproof or not!!!!

The moon will be in a first quarter phase, almost half
http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/ - http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/

Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 26 May 2009 at 1:29pm
I can fulfill one of the criteria - perfect vision.
Can I still come?

I make a great beer holder.

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 26 May 2009 at 4:49pm
Screw it , I joined anyway.

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 26 May 2009 at 5:09pm
Hell yeah, Tobin, you should come along.

Date Posted: 26 May 2009 at 5:30pm
I am going to waive the swimming requirement for you tobin. So you meet age, vision and lifting capacity. I know you can lift 25lbs with one arm because I saw you heft that case O brew. ....

Tobin can be the designated Stick Expeller / Rewardist  --- Everyone will have to wait until sat. to figure out what that means!!!!!

This is going to be the funniest event of the year!!!! I hope everyone is ready for a good time on this operation!!!

Date Posted: 27 May 2009 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by kurle

what kind of mayhem are we talkin' here...

Should i start putting spikes in my elbow pads and barbed wire around my boat?

Ha Ha-- you only need the spikes and barbed wire for posting on Professor Paddle!!

On the river, it's all good..

Don't know what's gonna go down, but I'm very confident it will be a blast!! I encourage anyone with a sense of adventure and a spirit for fun to participate!!

Posted By: Fish
Date Posted: 28 May 2009 at 9:45am
I have been quiet on this thread in order to maintain its secret mission status.  I will say this however,  those that sign up,  will be in for a great night time river experience unlike any other!    

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2009 at 11:07am
I love my 'ODD' friends!
I can't wait!

-------------
Sure?

Posted By: ThrowYaMittsUp
Date Posted: 29 May 2009 at 1:44pm
I have no idea if it would be an advantage or not, but is there a boat length restriction for this event?  

Posted By: Fish
Date Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:28pm
No restrictions.   Just pure drunkness, with a side of    "oh shit is that a bridge pillar"

-------------

Posted By: H2Ohta
Date Posted: 29 May 2009 at 2:31pm
If you get glow sticks and tape them to your helmets you get some cool ass tracers man.

-------------
H2Ohta

Print Page | Close Window