Commercial Listings: Advertisers
Print Page | Close Window

Advertisers

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Classifieds
Forum Name: Commercial Listings
Forum Discription: Businesses are encouraged post here. Contact a Moderator to help with Event Promotion
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:32am

Topic: Advertisers
Posted By: James
Subject: Advertisers
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2006 at 2:48pm
So I guess we have a general agreement from everyone that cared to chime in. Ads are not so bad.

I am working on the Ad Engine for the site and it will be done at the end of this week along with someother changes. In the meantime I am starting to make a list of different businesses that might be interested in advertising or sponsoring our site. If you know someone that might be interested let me know via PM or post it here. If you are a business that is interested please PM me or send an email.

So again, keep an eye out for businesses that would like to sponsor or advertise on our site.

Stay posted as I get more work finished and have more details to post.

Just a little FYI for all you curious cats. The money that is raised from Ads and other methods of revenue capture on PP.com will be applied to the following areas. Percentages will follow after I have done some more research
  1. Site Expense (Server Costs, Bandwidth, Liscenses etc..)
  2. PP.com Events & Functions - Well obviously just about all the money that we make above and beyond should be used for us to have fun with.
  3. Community Development (Washington Area - Put In's \ TakeOuts - RiverCams?)
  4. AWW River Conservation - There is no doubt that AW needs donations and it would be great to be able to contribute to what they do as a community.
Those are pretty much in order of piority also. So lets get this going for real now!

Replies:
Posted By: RemAcct3
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2006 at 7:11pm
I would suggest that you check out getting Kavu on here. I know they are a local company and I was in one of the boating stores around seattle the other day and really liked some of the new gear I saw. Heck why don't you sell Kavu Items on here?

Posted By: Ryan
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2006 at 10:42pm
Well I haven't talked to anyone, but companies I would like to see on here for us to discover  include... (in no particular order)

SRK
Rainy Pass Repair
OAC
AW
Kavu
Patagonia
Lotus Designs
Kokatat
Werner
NRS
Second Ascent
Renton Whitewater Park!?

...basically any paddling or outdoor company.  Most of us are into paddling and other outddor activities in which we need gear.

Posted By: Lydia
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2006 at 8:45am
Are there any companies that specialize in womens and girls boating gear?

Those would be helpful to have on here.

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 11:17am
I think Lotus and Patagonia are the same thing... could be wrong but thats what I have been told...

Anyone know someone that works at Patagonia/Lotus?

How about werner? And no I don't want AquaBound ads on our site. Sorry there are just somethings that I can't let my self do.

-------------

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 11:53am
How about a local shop that has better pricing?

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: KatieAdele
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 5:12pm

Lotus made my PFD.  Not sure if Patagonia is involved in that or not... 

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 6:10pm
yes, lotus is part of patagucci...

-------------
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...

Print Page | Close Window