Events: 2008 Western Whitewater Championship
Print Page | Close Window

2008 Western Whitewater Championship

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Events
Forum Discription: Read and Discuss Upcoming Events. Please Post Trips through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6263
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:10am

Topic: 2008 Western Whitewater Championship
Posted By: Otter Boy
Subject: 2008 Western Whitewater Championship
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:18pm

Hey Everyone,

For those interested in whitewater competitions, this spring marks the first annual 2008 Western Whitewater Championship Series. This will be a total of 7 races in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California with categories for paddle rafts, cat boats and kayaks (plus an unlimited category if you want to drag out an old sea kayak or pool toy).

I’m exited about having some additional river festivals to go to and encourage anyone interested in whitewater competition to get in touch with the race organizers listed below. With Skyfest a thing of the past, we don’t have as many local boating festivals as we should. I’m going to make as many of these events as I can – any excuse for a kayak road trip.

Here is the official release from the race organizers:

2008  Western  Whitewater  Championship  Series

(WWCS)

Replies:
Posted By: PaulGamache
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 8:34pm
Just wanted to add the link to the site we've put together for this, for more info on the series go to: http://caliproduct.blogspot.com/2008/01/wwcs-2008.html

Also, if any teams or kayakers would like be added to the list of competitors, raft teams, kayakers, catarafters, unlimited. Send me a bio/ pictures and I'll get you listed as a participating paddler.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions / would like to be featured on the site as a competitor in the series. 

Paul
Paulgamache at gmail.com

-------------
27/320 & 1 bootie

Posted By: Gabe
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 9:11pm
I just saw this announcement the other day while checking out the dates for the 2008 Oregon River Games. Was just going to post something tonight but Otter Boy beat me to it.

So - the Oregon River Games site (http://www.oregonrivergames.com/design/pages/westcoastraftingchampionships.html)

only mentions four events for the West Coast Rafting Championships (Oregon Games, Wenatchee, PBR, American River Fest). This post leaves out the American River Fest in Sept. Is this a separate thing, or do they overlap?

Anyway, I am game for putting together a raft team from Western WA to compete. Sounds fun and great motivation to make it to all these river fests. I know there are some other rubber pushers out there (Brad, Beth, Will, Chris, Paul, who else?) I think I can road trip out to all of these dates, so let's get a team together.

As a side note, what is the class V on the Upper Clackamas?

Cheers,

Gabe

-------------
Pura Vida!

Posted By: PaulGamache
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 10:14am
Hi Gabe,

The series you saw is something that the Oregon River Games guys put together which kind of fell apart so this new series was created to revive the whole thing and offer some more difficult events to the venue.

You should totally put a team together, if you're only able to rally 2 or 3 people you can join the Bigfoot Team that I'm on. So far it's just my buddy Matt and I and I'd love to carpool w/ people to these events to make them more affordable.  If you know any local raft companies try and rally them as well. Would be sweet to get some companies competing against each other.

Feel free to email me anytime.

Paul
Paulgamache at gmail.com

-------------
27/320 & 1 bootie

Print Page | Close Window