Commercial Listings: New Hero
Print Page | Close Window

New Hero

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Classifieds
Forum Name: Commercial Listings
Forum Discription: Businesses are encouraged post here. Contact a Moderator to help with Event Promotion
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6150
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm

Topic: New Hero
Posted By: water wacko
Subject: New Hero
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 5:39pm
Here's a sneak peak at the New Jackson Hero     link

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Replies:
Posted By: hugo
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 7:10pm
yippie...another shitty creek boat...can't wait to see a bunch of them in paddle shops a few years from now for half price-nobody wanted one 2 years ago, nobody wanted one last year, nobody wanted one this year...just a guess, but i bet nobody will want one of them next year either. 

-------------
suck it

Posted By: justin
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 7:18pm
I don't know I like the shape!

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 7:47pm
I dunno ... if it were me I would hunt down the original one....

THe one that was shaped like a giant terd... its was like the 06 kix

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2008 at 5:00pm
Hugo, if you knew anything... you'd know something.

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2008 at 9:28pm
 I wish that boat was shaped like a big turd, at least some times my turds resurface after hucking their meat. 

-------------
suck it

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 6:29am
That means you have poor digestion. I'm sorry for you. Let the spandex dream go.

-------------

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 4:11pm
Reminds me of the old Dagger RPM.

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: STLboater
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 8:05pm
terds like the old hero series don't deserve to get wet in the poopy flood water.

*when i actually tried the hero on my local river, it was poopy because there are a lot of pig farms on the drainage.

-------------
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 8:09pm
must be indigestion from all the shit that jackson is trying to shove down our throats...?

-------------
suck it

Posted By: STLboater
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 8:31pm
i dunno, how much indigestion do you get from having a fun 1 shoved down your throat? :)

-------------
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor

Posted By: ashleygoesdisco
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 12:50am
Oh dear. Guys guys guys, be NICE.

-------------
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com

Posted By: Hisdudeness
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 9:38am
i bought my first jackson super hero during the summer of 06' but i didn't get into it until june 2, 07'. i enrolled in a class with current adventures in coloma, ca and i spent the entire day upside down... i shit you not, the bottom of my boat saw more daylight then i did... i blamed it on the dimentia... needless to say, i learned a pretty mean bow rescue. i gave the boat to my son and he loves it. the boat literally, plows through the waves, it's just not the right boat for me. i, currently paddle a mamba 8.5 and i will be buying a project 62 this month... maybe today... anyhooooo.... the super hero works for my son.
on an unrelated note... i'm trying to find some class II/II+ water to work on my mad skills of observing the rocks on the bottom... any help is appreciated.

Posted By: shrek
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 10:32am
If you're into geology, theres some fun rocks to classify under the powerhouse section.  Hope this helps.

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 3:52pm
So, What does the "Report" button do?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 4:55pm
Here's a little write up on the NEW Hero with some pics, bitches. Notice the completely NEW design.   http://jacksonkayak.com/articles07/article.cfm?article=200801142

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:30pm
just where is this 'powerhouse section'???
Originally posted by shrek

If you're into geology, theres some fun rocks to classify under the powerhouse section.  Hope this helps.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 6:35pm
Dude .... Look at the Rivers Page Snoqualmie Falls to Plum's Landing (Powerhouse Run)

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 7:51pm
oh yeah... that 'rivers' page... thanks, dude
Originally posted by James

Dude .... Look at the Rivers Page Snoqualmie Falls to Plum's Landing (Powerhouse Run)

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 4:32pm
http://jacksonkayak.com/jkvideos/200801511.mov

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 4:46pm

sweet, just what I have always wanted...a creekboat that can loop, at least that way you can have some fun when you are getting trashed. All you prospective buyers out there, pay attention to how little of that video was actual creeking...at least they did not show it doing some stern squirts.

whatever

-------------
suck it

Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 5:42pm
Harmes, Ryan? Why is Hugo kissing your ass now? 
  Is the rumor that he is a weak suck boater that swims on every rapid true? Did you guys discover this while rescuing him and all his gear from that Gnarly classII+?
  Inquiring minds want to know.

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 5:48pm
I swear to god, if I have to see that f#&%ing sandwich again, I am going to puke all over my laptop.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 8:31pm
If Homo could actually creek you'd see less angst. I forget, what do Mr Clean's posts sound like?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 8:33am
It is true though... there was almost as much playing in that video as creeking....

Marketing hype is the main game!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 11:18am
lets see those chunks liefey boy....

-------------
suck it

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 11:20am
Originally posted by newtobin

Harmes, Ryan? Why is Hugo kissing your ass now? 

I just like them, they are good guys,So are you Tobin.  You too are a good guy.  So is Brett B, James and the whole likes.  I like every body...

-------------
suck it

Posted By: Willy
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 11:47am
Hugo you didn't mention Leif specifically. Do you like Leif? Is he included in "everybody"? Personally I think he deserves special mention . I like Leif. There.

Brett how bout a little full disclosure about who you work for. I thought we covered that a couple months ago. Sheesh.

-------------
Ruby Creek Boathouse LLC
Eddyline, Stohlquist, Bending Branches, Esquif, Skwoosh Cushions, Costa Del Mar shades, Danuu, CRG Rec Repair, Pakboats, YakGrips
http://rubycreekboathouse.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 3:01pm
I think Homo is actually James' alter ego. He's been on the bench for so long he's actually sprung an alter ego... and it's pissed about not boating and full of angst. Remember when the water was low an' no one was boatin'?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 3:18pm
I don't think James is prone to pulling cowardly crap, like hiding behind a fake user name...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 4:23pm
I can pretty much promise that I am not hugo, and to prove it I invite Leif or any other developer the opportunity to come over at anytime and review my server logs past and ongoing in combination with forum cookies and IP logging. You will see the mess that is Hugo and the reason I think it is either multiple people or one savy individual.

I would be difficult if not ridiculous to fake what is happening here and leif would be able to identify a fake I create or cover up easily.

I can also say that I am not 100% sure who hugo is. I have had this conversation with alot of folks who have called me and pm'd after having their feelings hurt by this out of control individual.

Now if you would like to know how I stand on issues its simple. Some times I don't share because it is not appropriate. I would like having a false Identity. I could then flame people and speak my mind without worring about how it would affect the community. I could name a few names here of people that have completely screwed me over and stole copious amounts of money I earned the honest way. In our community and out, and some of you ... not many know what I am talking about. But you don't hear me or hugo doing it cause hugo ain't me... If he were you would hear it, its that simple.

Now here are some topics that I don't mind flaming because I don't think they affect our community ... in fact I feel like it benefits our community.

I think Jackson boats are crap for me. I have never fit one well and they seem to be constructed poorly, I have a lot of friends that used and either broke or just hated the creekers. I am not talking about on FITW runs either... Class V stuff. Old Models had stupid flaws like pointy pinny bow and sterns so the next year you see a 100% reverse  into a bulbous ballon  .... I just don't like the methods that the boats are designed. They seems to be the genius of a great playboater and do not strike me as great boats in general ... The strings are bunk and the outfitting sucks ... again this is my opinion and besides a few people trying to sell them, I don't know many experienced\frequent\hardcore boaters that like them. If you boat once or twice a week on a class IV they might be great...  but if you start running the sessions of goods over and over they just seem to suck

The company as a whole I think is strategic and EJ is a great business man. You can't knock him for that and I never would... but I also would never buy one of his products because I think he is so motivated he would gladly railroad local communities and people in an atempt to grow himself or the business. Again thats is a my surface point of view. I could use examples but that would make a long drawn out post and its all just my perspective.

Perhaps soon other people will see it too. I don't comment on all your posts and dog gone it brett, it's cause I like you. I hate Jacksons, not you at all. I don't openly flame people because I don't want to purposly hurt someone. I have accidentally and possibly on a rare event purposfully hurt people but I try to resolve things I have done wrong. I have verbally attacked Leif at a campsite ... clearly out of line and as mad as I was that weekend Leif knows that I care about him (I hope) and I would not try to hurt him. I acted out of anger and as hard as it may seem that is not always the best judge of a person although clearly an indicator of an area that could use growth.

All this to say... I am not hugo. I want to know who he is for sure, I have a few pretty good idea's and I am willing to help folks determine who he is if they feel he has wronged them, good luck though, because it is not a simple trace and point like Hardboof was.