Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions: Run & Feature Rating
Print Page | Close Window

Run & Feature Rating

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Site Support
Forum Name: Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
Forum Discription: Submit a Run Description or Run Beta. Discuss Gauges or post messages for the Rio Banditos
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5970
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:26am

Topic: Run & Feature Rating
Posted By: James
Subject: Run & Feature Rating
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 10:49am
I have for a while wanted to re-vamp the way we list rapids. At many a campfire I have discussed the whole idea with folks that have mentioned the same thing.

So many are all on board that I figured we could just start our own thing here if everyone is behind it. The call is for a seperate open ended rating scale for class V rapids and better distinction for different river crafts.

The rating scale should be started with a v.1 - v.10 system and planned on being increased to higher numerals as more technical and lengthy pieces of whitewater are run. Seperate ratings should be listed for 3 categories of flows, and different ratings for each type of craft that is significantly different.

To start this conversation out we will have a simple poll... No replies no comments. Just a yes or a no. Do you dig it or do you not?

In 48 Hours the Majority wins and we will either leave it be or start the discussion of what different class V drops should be set at on our site here. If agreed we will have a format that follows these guidelines.

Rafting Grades
Level Range Low - Grade Suggested
Level Range Medium - Grade Suggested
Level Range High - Grade Suggested

Kayaking Grades

Creature Craft Grades (Optional)