Pool: $10.00 USD includes gear if you call in advance

2007-08 Dates
In the pool Every Friday from October 1 thru the end of April
Closed on Government Holidays
May 2008 - back to the lake!

Time
Pool: 9:00pm - 10:30pm every Friday

General Details
We'd love to have you try out any of the new boats from (brands). We have your skirts & paddles too.

Directions (to pool) 

Replies:
Posted By: Hisdudeness
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 6:32pm
hey dude,
what's the address???

Posted By: oawbc3
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 3:25am
 Juanita High School Pool
      10601 NE 132nd St.
      Kirkland, WA 98034

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 7:49am
thanks for the info

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 12:05pm
greetings.....
any chance on getting a play boat and paddle for tonights roll session??? i know it's short notice, sorry... 220#... 6'-1"    i have my own skirt.

Posted By: josho
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 12:35am

So what is up with this pool session.  Myself and a friend showed up for the Jan fourth meeting and no kayakers were there.  The pool staff was not helpful in the least.  They just shrugged their shoulders and mumbled about "those damn kayakers".  The desk attendant told us that OAC was one year deliquent on their payments.  After driving for 40 min. to attend and a less then helpful staff I left quite angry at the situation.  Is this pool session permanetly cancelled or did I miss something?

-------------
The fat lady has not sang.

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 9:00am
Yea lets get an update on here... THat is bunk for sure....

Hey josh... btw... for some reason when I made the trip planner I allowed the trips to be cancelled after they occurred... Clay cancelled that trip after it occurred... I will fix that up but hey now you know how the cancellation emails work :)

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 2:46pm
dude... is srk considering more sessions??? i tried to contact oac but i just got their answering machine.

Posted By: ashleygoesdisco
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 4:33pm
There have been lots of things like this before, OAC is an extremely busy crew.

As for right now, I know that the majority of their staff is at Winter Park Resort in Colorado. Give them another call sometime this week?

-------------
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com

Posted By: ashleygoesdisco
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 4:36pm
Plus, if you tried the number in the first post on this page, that's the Wave Trek office phone, at their house in Index. Try the Redmond shop line, 425-869-7067.

-------------
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com

Posted By: Gabe
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 5:18pm
Check the SRK website (www.blogger.com//http://SeattleRaftandKayak.com) - it looks like there are sessions starting up again on Monday 1/7, but call the shop to be sure. They usually bring all their demos, but it's best to call in advance to get dibbs on your choice.

Gabe

-------------
Pura Vida!

Posted By: Ryan
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2008 at 5:27pm
dudereno - go to the SRK session on Monday.  They will hook you up with a boat and skirt maybe even a paddle.  Just call them.

I'll be there on Monday and can bring a Burn or Huka for someone to use.  I've got skirts and paddles too.  Just let me know via PM.

Oh, and it's only $10 for a member, non-member, your mom, everyone.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 6:08pm
if anyone is going to the pool session, i could use a ride... i can take a cab but i thought i would try this first... i'm 11 miles south of meadowbrook pool at the federal center south... i will be happy to pitch in for gas.

Posted By: Willy
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 8:32am
SRK's pool sessions sessions are on  thru April. They're described in-full under Pool Sessions : SRK- Meadowbrook Pool.

-- Bill

-------------
Ruby Creek Boathouse LLC
Eddyline, Stohlquist, Bending Branches, Esquif, Skwoosh Cushions, Costa Del Mar shades, Danuu, CRG Rec Repair, Pakboats, YakGrips
http://rubycreekboathouse.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 2:38pm
Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for the open pool mix-up last week. We were in Winter Park Colorado facilitating 110 high school students on a ski/snowboard trip. On the return trip we were forced to stop when they closed the roads due to snow wind, and accidents. We sent an email out to those on our newsletter list and should have updated this post as well. Open Pool (and Roll Class) will be held this Friday, January 11 at Juanita High School. Hope to see you there!

Blair Corson

P.S. We're glad to be back... we pretty sure we have more snow at Steven's Pass than most mountain resorts had in CO! Check out this week's newsletter for photos of our trip to Winter Park!

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:24pm
Any updates on these pool sessions?

Posted By: Liz
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 5:49am
I'm not an OAC rep, so I can't give you the official word, but the unofficial word is that I went to the pool session on Friday and they have started again. 

OAC sends out a weekly newsletter via e-mail with updates on all sorts of kayak related things, including pool sessions.  If this is a pool you might frequent, I highly suggest signing up for the newsletter.  Here is the link:

http://www.outdooradventurecenter.com/newsletter.asp - http://www.outdooradventurecenter.com/newsletter.asp

And, here is a copy of the pool related info from the newsletter last week:

THIS WEEK: Open Pool and Roll
Cost: $10 per person at the door ($20 with boat/gear rental - Call ahead to request a rental!)
Location: Juanita High School Pool (located at 10601 NE 132nd St. Kirkland, WA 98034)
Time: 9pm-10:30pm
Join us EVERY FRIDAY!!!
(upcoming pool closures: October 31 and November 28)

NEXT WEEK: Open Pool

Sea Kayakers!
Interested in bringing your sea kayak to open pool? Call to reserve a space for our Oct 24th pool night.

For more information, to request a rental, or to register for an upcoming class:
Call 425-883-0939
Email mailto:info@OutdoorAdventureCenter.com - info@OutdoorAdventureCenter.com

http://www.OutdoorAdventureCenter.com - www.OutdoorAdventureCenter.com

I'll give Blair a call and see if he has anything to add.
SYITP

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 6:43am
SYITP.... lol thats pretty funny

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 11:26am
So, why don't the Corsons have a PP account...or if they do have one, use it?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 1:42pm
 Hey "PP" crew, how are you? I miss you too .  

Yes, the pool is on at Juanita on most Friday's, yes I have a PP account, and yes I think everyone "who wants to stay up to date" with pool sessions should be on our weekly news list since the pool does have some last minute closures due to swim meets.

NO POOL this Friday, Halloween:

This next weekend some of us at OAC will be carving waves on the East Coast at the ACA National convention in Fredrickberg. We will be bringing back more curriculum and teaching technique to add to our list of Proschool Classes.

Keep our eyes open for our new Website, it will be up and running Soon!

TTFN

Posted By: Camel
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 2:48pm
Are these pool sessions still going on? or are there any others in within 15-20 miles of Bellevue?

Posted By: Willy
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 12:28am
OAC's web site indicates pool sessions will start Oct 2nd. You should contact them to be sure.
Their calendar:
http://www.outdooradventurecenter.com/40228/Calendar.html#fall%2009
Their phone:
425-883-9039

-------------
Ruby Creek Boathouse LLC
Eddyline, Stohlquist, Bending Branches, Esquif, Skwoosh Cushions, Costa Del Mar shades, Danuu, CRG Rec Repair, Pakboats, YakGrips
http://rubycreekboathouse.blogspot.com/

Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 2:43pm
Anyone know if pool sessions will be happenin this fall? I need to get my roll working again.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 2:29pm

The Juanita Kayak Pool Sessions are going on now... 

Join us at Juanita High School on Friday evenings for an hour and a half of fun paddling practice with fellow paddlers! Kayak Open Pool is open to paddlers of all ages and abilities - come work on your skills and plan your weekend paddling with other kayakers. Cheap and Fun!  Details are below...

Location: Juanita High School (10601 NE 132nd St, Kirkland, WA 98034)
Dates: Friday evenings, weekly (see holiday closures, below)
Time: 9pm-10:30pm
Cost: $10 with your boat/gear ($20 with boat/gear rental)
Reservations requested: Please call 425-883-9039 or email mailto:info@OutdoorAdventureCenter.com - info@OutdoorAdventureCenter.com
Upcoming Holiday Closures: December 17, 24, 31

For more info, give us a call at 425-883-9039 or visit our website http://www.OutdoorAdventureCenter.com - www.OutdoorAdventureCenter.com

Posted By: mokelumnekid
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 3:32pm
Great vibe at these pool sessions, best in the area, so please stay away so there is more room for me  Gerad is an awesome instructor if you need to arrange a lesson.

Posted By: royhprum
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 6:43pm
whos gared?

Posted By: Sam_Graftton
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 5:16pm
Jared Corson?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:25am
Ahahhaha It was a horrible joke.Aye sam! Boat!

Posted By: xtrmln
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 12:23pm
Are pool sessions up and running at Juanita now?

-------------
F.M.S. wmrra #866

Posted By: irenen
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 8:47am
Yes, first one is this Friday (10/14) at 9 pm.  Here's the link to the pool class schedule:

http://outdooradventurecenter.com/?wpsc-product=kayak-open-pool - http://outdooradventurecenter.com/?wpsc-product=kayak-open-pool

-------------
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 2:15pm
Irene! Heyy! Aahaha, you going to be there?!Can't wait to see if I can fit sams boat!!!
practice my double pump and try to get mah bow stall!

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 2:40pm
Pool Schedule Update: No Kayak Pool Session at Juanita tonight 10/21/11. Check back here (or our Facebook) for updated schedule. Sorry for any inconvenience - we'll see ya soon! And be sure to stop in at the River House in Index and say HI if you're paddling the Sky!

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:41am
Kayak Pool dates at Juanita High School:
Nov 18
Dec 2
We have the pool reserved for paddling from 9p-10:30p and we'd love to see ya! Follow us on Facebook for schedule updates... - kathy

Posted By: Kiran
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 4:59pm
Are the pool sessions in Kirkland active again? The OAC website is not updated and still has the blurb about June something beig the last session for spring

Posted By: burn
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 6:04pm
I heard Jan

Posted By: kirkrorrer
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 1:04pm
Are these still going on? Thought Juanita pool was closing but have been out of the loop for a while

Posted By: Mr.Grinch
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by kirkrorrer

Are these still going on? Thought Juanita pool was closing but have been out of the loop for a while

I'm interested, too.

Anyone out there with the scoop?

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 9:21am
OAC website says they're starting this coming Friday.

$15.00 for an hour, 9-10pm. Yet, they bill it as 1.5 hours, I don't know how it works. Maybe access is 1.5 hours, but water time is only an hour?

Posted By: jcboaterboy
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 10:39pm
Is it at the Juanita pool? I don't think it was last year.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by jcboaterboy

Is it at the Juanita pool? I don't think it was last year.

On their website it sure looks that way. Maybe I missed something?

Any affiliates want to chime in?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:59pm
Their site is a tad confusing. It says Renton and Kirkland/Totem Lake. But it does say Juanita HS Pool.

Man, UPS really has the best pool sessions, you guys rock!

Posted By: outdoor
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 1:25pm
Outdoor Adventure Center's Kayak Pool sessions at Juanita High School (Kirkland) are scheduled to resume on Friday, October 10, 2014. Open Pool Sessions are 1.5 hours and begin at 9pm. The full Fall schedule of pool sessions and classes will be available soon!

Cost is $15ea (cash if possible).
Bring your own equipment (please rinse clean at the door) or email info@OutdoorAdventureCenter.com if you'd like to rent a kayak/paddle/skirt for the evening.

Posted By: ericdan
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:56pm
Hmmm. The OAC website says there's a session this Friday (10/3). Is that not true? It also says 1.5 hours, from 9-10pm, so that's a bit unclear as well.

Are reservations required, or can you just show up and pay on-site?

Posted By: outdoor
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:58pm
Juanita Kayak sessions begin this Friday. We have the pool reserved for 1.5 hours of paddling; from 9pm-10:30pm. Hope you can join us!

Print Page | Close Window