Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5334
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:11pm

Topic: Irish lads and BC Boating
Posted By: KatieAdele
Subject: Irish lads and BC Boating
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 1:22pm
Some pals are here for ALOT of whitewater, loads of class IV- V.  There heading up to BC today and will be there for as much time asd they want.  If anyone is looking to get in some boating up that way let me know.  Great guys, great paddlers, should be fun: Colin Wong, Dave Ryan, and Thomas Dunphy.

Replies:
Posted By: James
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 2:33pm
Tell them to loop by the Callaghan for sure... it should be down into a nice level in the next few weeks. I might be headed up there again for that little stash.

James

-------------

Posted By: colintwong
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 3:38pm
Yeah, that and the Ashlu are on the list already.  Any other suggestions?  Are the levels good right now?

Posted By: Yotes
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 4:06pm
Check the skookview on the calendar. I know there's going to be some good tides this coming month.

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 4:18pm
The flows on the Callaghan are ones to watch.

Check out the Rivers Page here and then select British Columbia.

For the Callaghan look for flows of 2.3 to around 2.8 meters on the Cheakamus Gauge. The Callaghan flows into the cheakamus and although they do drain different valleys it is the only indicator around for that drainage. Rain affects the run alot as does sunshine and hot temps. So watch the weather. Once your up there go to the cheakamus takeout and you can walk down to the gauge station to see the staff gauge. There is a trail and a little off shoot to the right that will lead you to the staff gauge. This last weekend it was between 2.10 and 2.9 ... Really high levels for both the cheak and callaghan.

Ashlu I don't have expierence with but I believe it is high right now from what some locals said this last weekend. Check out the Soo and Cayoosh Creek too. The Nahatlatch should have plenty of water if not a little high but it would be fun but a bit out of the way. The Frog Wave is not in until Sept so don't worry about that, but the skook will be rockin in its place.

Take some photos and give us the feed back I would love to hear how the runs go.

James

-------------

Print Page | Close Window