Commercial Listings: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge
Print Page | Close Window

EddyFlower Vertical Challenge

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Classifieds
Forum Name: Commercial Listings
Forum Discription: Businesses are encouraged post here. Contact a Moderator to help with Event Promotion
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4948
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:48pm

Topic: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge
Posted By: bkcopa
Subject: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:15pm
If you don’t have reason enough to quit your job during paddle season here it is; the EddyFlower Vertical Challenge. Benefiting First Descents, a nationwide whitewater kayaking program for young adults with cancer. The Competition is intense: you and your paddling buddies paddle as many runs as you can endure from May 15 – June 15. At the end of the 30 days, the team with the most vertical feet is crowned champion.

EddyFlower and First Descents have partnered together to raise the funds needed to provide a whitewater kayaking experience to a group of very worthy paddlers. What better reason to paddle for 30 days straight when every stroke you take raises money for young adults with cancer! Sign up and share the love!

Open to all paddlers from all states of all skill levels. Compete for prizes in divisions (Open, Class IV, Class III and Weekend Warrior) that best match your team's skills. Keep in mind, all runs must have a write-up on eddyflower and must have a put-in and take-out elevation to be eligible.

Replies:
Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 6:46am

First Descents is an awsome organization. I am heading Colorado in July to volunteer at one of their camps.  Most prople know that what they support is pretty important ot me and when I heard about them through a friend it struck home.

I urge anyone that has a weeek of time and the desire to help people that are fighting cancer to volunteer. All you have to do is get yourself to Colorado, and they feed you.
I am really looking forward to it, and it should make for some great paddeling.
Peace

-------------
Sure?

Print Page | Close Window