Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions: Cheakamus Gauge
Print Page | Close Window

Cheakamus Gauge

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Site Support
Forum Name: Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
Forum Discription: Submit a Run Description or Run Beta. Discuss Gauges or post messages for the Rio Banditos
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4716
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 6:25pm

Topic: Cheakamus Gauge
Posted By: James
Subject: Cheakamus Gauge
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 1:40pm
First Request Filled.

Cheakamus Gauge Added from BC Hydro and Cheakamus Run added to List.

If you are right on top of this post ... give the server like 10 minutes to start up the next gauge update.

It is reading a value of 1 right now until it updates next.

~J

Replies:
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 1:51pm
Oh my oh my ... its up and running! The first live BC Gauge that I know of other than the BC Hydro site.

-------------

Posted By: tradguy2
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 5:06pm
Woohoo!

-------------
... preparing for a river beating!     

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 6:06pm
boo ya!

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 7:29pm
I guess we need a units setting on the web site.  I'd like to see the gauge in CFS, as opposed to CMS...

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 8:25pm
There is a units setting on the website.. It is called Meters, Feet, CFS, and CMS so far others may be added in the future.

I believe you are asking for a conversion tool. Head up to Whistler and when your getting beta from the locals that really know these runs and are experts, ask them to convert their accounts and experiences to cfs for you. "Wait a minute" they would say... "aren't you that guy that voted yes to close the Ashlu?"

It ain't gonna happen so why should we start referring to them differently than the experts and locals?

I am against using a different method than the community around the locale. That way when your there visiting them and in their backyard you can use their system and not complicate things with conversions and calculations.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window