Trip Discussion's: 2007 ProfessorPaddle Ball Discussion Thre
Print Page | Close Window

2007 ProfessorPaddle Ball Discussion Thre

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4544
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:41am

Topic: 2007 ProfessorPaddle Ball Discussion Thre
Posted By: James
Subject: 2007 ProfessorPaddle Ball Discussion Thre
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2007 at 2:22pm
This is the discussion thread only. If you are looking for details on the Ball go to the Trip Page.

Replies:
Posted By: shrek
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2007 at 7:32pm
I hear baby powder is good for dry balls.  I'll bring a fifth of that.

Posted By: Chuck e fresh
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2007 at 12:58am
Baby powder for blue balls, try a fith of wisky. That'l do just dandy!

-------------
There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 8:20am
Shrek Our balls are not dry, they are wet.

A good majority of the time our balls are in the river.

Now back to this thread. If you plan on heading out to the 2007 Annual Ball, Join this trip. This is going to help me gauge the chili cook off number and amount of prizes.

Again if your going to come to this years Annual Ball, Join this trip so I can keep track of numbers.

The Cost is $10.00 bucks which covers Camping Fri-Sun at the Bridge Creek Campground. This group location has facilities and a trash can, but is seperated a good distance from the other campsites and pleasantly nestled along the runout of the Bridge Creek Rapid a class V+ monster derop,

More updates to Follow. Here's a photo of that drop at super low water.

James

-------------

Posted By: tradguy2
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 4:28pm
I have a couple gusts coming too, although they don't post here so take them into your chili calculations. 

-------------
... preparing for a river beating!     

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 4:39pm
Don't worry.. were doing the planning because last year we were pretty dead on as far as food went, a few bowls were empty but that was because a few more bellies were full.

This week I will post up the official Cook Off Categories we have this year, and the schedule that we are planning around.

~J

-------------

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 6:43pm
I'm hoping I can make it. Only life is in the way.

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: Yotes
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 7:17pm
I'll be bringing both Dutch Ovens for the weekend.  Looking forward to it!

Posted By: Gavin M
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 5:24pm
I'll bring a trash bag full of leaves and pine needles so we can tuck-in our favorite drunk before he goes to beddy-bye.

-------------
Beats smashing your head through a door!

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 8:19pm

i'm more worried about you trying to put your head through the door of my tent, you violent drunk.  if you need help finding a trash bag, try looking in the dumpster in between josh and brad's houses, there should be a few in there, right next to your mountain bike...

-------------
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 12:45pm
Schedules Updated.

If you want to compete in one of the cook offs ... let me know.

If you want to get together and help plan the party in the next few weeks shoot me a PM.

~J

-------------

Posted By: Leaky_eddie
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 6:21am
Hey Yall-

I'm thinking of coming out from NC for the ball. I've looked at the Wenatchee on AW and it looks like a good time - What are some other rivers/creeks in the drainage that you'll be paddling? I'd like to have a look before I leap. Looks like some high volume compared to what I'm used to- so break out the video cams. YEEEHAW!

Anyone got a creek boat they'd like to lend me for the weekend - an old Phat sitting their garage needing some love?

Hows the trout that time of year? Our natives only get to about 6-8 inches. Its a little different out there if remember correctly.... Thinking about bringing my telescoping rod and a few spinners. Good idea or not?

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 6:27am
And another thing - why's it say Viener Schnitzel after my name? I don't dig the implication...

Gator got yer Granny - chomp chomp

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 8:25am
Ahhh Viener Schnitzel is the rank... based on the number of posts made lol....

Here are some links for ya to click on... These are the runs you can expect to be looking at the weekend of the Paartaay.

Wenatchee (Tumwater V & Play Run III)
Icicle (
UpperUpper II-III, Upper V, Middle V+, Lower IV-V )
Little Wenatchee IV-V
Cle Elum IV-V
Peshastin Creek III-IV

I doubt you will see anyone on the Middle Sections of the Icicle but if there is anyone out there, it will be wild to watch as durning this weekend the flow is way above the normal levels.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 7:27pm
dude, that is pretty dope that we are getting some east coast lovin...the more the merrier!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 7:51pm
This year is ramping up to be quite the party... I mean really ... quite the paartaaay.The midnight run is going to be off the hook.

And the wild river race down the Icicle is going to be soo fun!

I agree with Jon on this though, the fact that we going to be multi state and multi country this year is wicked.... Did I mention I am callin Jay and he is comin down too.... Right on aeh!

-------------

Posted By: Ryan
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 12:19am
yeah buddy!  Jay (and hopefully more) from BC and peeps from the Southeast joining in.  This is going to rock!  Lets cross our fingers the Wenatchee is running strong!

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 9:02am
New Cookoff Contestants Added

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2007 at 10:08pm
i guess that we should show jay some good washington hospitality, seeing that he showed me, james, d1 and fangula some good ole bc hospitality very last minute, in a very tight pinch.  I probably would have hung up on you sorry mofo's if you called me @ that hour and in that condition, asking for a ride and a place to stay..., luckily jay is a better man than me...thanks buddy, you da man!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 1:43pm
With only two months to go until the 2007 ball it's about time to get some serious discussion going regarding the downriver race and the rodeo. I'd suggest having the "rules" and scoring, along with other logistical issues decided by at least two weeks before the event. Lets start brainstorming things that need to happen for this to be a success.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 4:17pm
Here is the first question... What type of wild water race are we going to have?
No Skirt Downriver? No Paddle Downriver? No Paddle No Skirt Downriver?

Other Ideas?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 4:26pm
inflatables?

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 5:05pm
I vote we R-2 lower icicle with Sevlor's from K-mart.  Better set some safety. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 5:12pm
I guess were onto a new one then...

How about inflatables down lower icicle?

The ruling could be something like an inflatable with anew cost that is under $150.00 that cancels out all the real kind. :)

-------------

Posted By: xanthopb
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 5:46pm
How about an anew cost of under $15 but you can use as much duct tape as you would like?

-Fang

-------------
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2007 at 11:55am
Ok the Ball Page has been updated with the Wild River Race details and a few other details on times and places.

-------------

Posted By: PowWrangler
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 4:03pm

Does anyone know the local AW contact for around here? 

I think it would be cool to have some flyers/membership sheets available for those that haven't joined or aren't familiar with the organization. They are a stand-up organization and need all the support they can get.

p.s.  James, why does the font size change after the first carriage return?

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 7:53pm
Here you go Pow:

Thomas O'Keefe
3537 NE 87th St.
Seattle, WA 98115
Phone: (425) 417-9012

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 4:39am
Hey folks-

I'm coming out from NC for the ball. I was able to make it a work trip so it would look a little funny if I brought a boat with me. Anyone have one I use for the weekend? I'll bring everything else.

Really looking forward to my first Western whitewater - and some killer chili-

Dan

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 9:00am
Dan you looking for a play boat or creeker. Next what size are ya?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 9:17am
ohh this will be fun!! Ohh yes it will be fun.....

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 2:57pm
Sir - A beggar can't be a chooser - I'll take what I can get. I'm 5'7 and 170.  I'm thinking I don't want to be pushing the envelope on this trip. My regular creeker is a Burn and I'm not the biggest play boater - I still keep my pro-zone for the Gauley and Ocoee.

I'll just be grateful for a boat and I'll paddle what I'm comfortable with in it. It'll be a good time no matter what-

dp

Posted By: Tobin
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 8:49pm
dp.  I will have at least one extra boat there,  we are pretty close in size,  you are welcome to what ever I aint using. 
See Ya there!!

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 10:06am
You will have options for Sure dp.

I have an Air 55 and a Jefe that I will be bringing. You could use either one, of course hopefully the Air will be fixed back up by then!

~J

-------------

Posted By: Sven
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 10:13am
hey everyone

just wondering what kinda rivers you're goin on while you're at the ball..... are you just doin your IV to V stuff or is there something a lil bit easier like III to IV that I could go on with you?
I think I'll come anyways cuz I can at least watch and try to get something for the race....xD

oh yeah and I would need a ride.... what about you tobin? since you live in tacoma.....

cya folks....

-------------
I'm the new german guy and a friend of Benno

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 4:26am
Thanks for the offers everyone - I'll get into WA on Friday and rent a mini-van to drive out and camp in. I guess we'll hook up that night around the campfire or Sat morning and work out the boats.

I'm really looking forward to it - thanks again for being so open and helpful.

dp

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 7:47am
Sven - Go to the Trip Page and check out the list of Rivers under where it says Rivers were after. ProfessorPaddle Ball Trip Page

dp - if you arrive on Friday head on out and I will be at the group site that night. The big bash is not until sat, but there will be some folks doing a little pre game warm up for sure. If you get out early on Friday like around 3-4 we will most likely still be boating but the campsite is ours all weekend so I will have it setup friday morning.

If you need directions check out the Maps on the Trip Page. There are 3 of them.

~J

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:34pm
THe NOAA forecast is looking good!

-------------

Posted By: bronkrdr
Date Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:10pm

Hey, is this kind of a private party or are you guys open to some people new to the whitewater kayak scene? We've got a few rivers and some classes under our belt, but that's about it. Plus we can help out with whatever the party needs. Especially beer consumption.

Date Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:01pm
It's not private at all, especially if you have beer.  Seriously, come on out, there will groups running everything from class II+ to V all weekend so your sure to find someone to run with. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:34pm
Yea yea I second what Trad said.... This is all about meeting new folks and having fun. Absolutley nothing private about it ... Hope to see you there
J

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 5:54pm
Cool. We were looking through the threads and it looked like the only thing that was really needed was fire wood. Is there anything else that would be good for the whole crew?

Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:38pm
Unless you got a manican or a karaoke machine.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 7:09pm
Dude, it's mannequin.  And I'm on the prowl!.

Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:29pm
Actually, I'm pretty sure I can scrounge you a manequin. I'll let you know Monday.

Date Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:40am
...Still needing help hauling a keg..   anyone????  I am picking them up Thursday sometime, or I can pick up one and leave the other in Lakewood and put a name on it.
   Either PM me or give a call.

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:16am
Yo Bronkrdr - How did the Manequin go... If you hook it up let me know so I can bring the trash boat and paddle.

If you can't hook up the manny extra ice for the keg would be a good thing too.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:18am
I can tast Rik's chillie now...mmmmm.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2007 at 12:37pm
Oh yea looking like we should be around 10 - 11k for the weekend ... Come to daddy!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2007 at 8:22pm
In prep for this weekends events please join this trip if your coming to the Ball.

This is going to help us determine how many Burgers Ribs etc... to buy and how to arrange for parking and camping.

So if your coming on Sat for the Cook off and Camping Join up so your in the general head count. I'm sure we will have enough to go around but it would be nice to be accurate.

Thanks and Hope to see you out there.

James

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2007 at 6:48pm
1.  As far as the manniquen? goes, I found an upper half and a lower half - the search is ongoing for the arms. I've got a few suspects.

2. If the keg still needs hauled, the wife and I are coming up from around Yelm and we've got a truck to haul it in. We plan on driving up Friday afternoon/evening. Give me a call H - 360-894-0346 C - 317-403-0773

Date Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:27pm
hey everyone im back from disneyworld....xD

ehmm....I stilll wanna come but i'd needa ride.... james told me that you guys have some boots up there that i could have if not i'd rent one in leavenworth or something....

so everyone who's comming from down south and is passing the fife exit on I5 please let me know if you have one more seat for a german in your car!.... what about you tobin?

cya all!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 6:40am
Sven,,  I got 5 boats 4 paddles, 4 people, 2 kegs, and gear for the weekend..  uummm I dont know if I am gonna fit??
   Still lookin for the keg help!!!  Free beer to the taker!!!

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 6:43am
Bronkdr,,  I just saw your post,,  that would be awsome,, the pick up is only about 5 minutes off I-5 in Lakewood ( The Ram))  I will give a call later this morning.  Directions are easy, and it can be picked up anytime friday or thursday..  

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:14am
Just FYI I will be out there thursday and getting everything setup friday morning. What time do you think you will be arriving Tob?

Anyone wanna caravan out on Thursday?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:27am
James, I will be leaving later thursday,, or early friday.  I am shootin for Thursday eve but alot of stuff has to get aken care of before that can happen.. 
  I will let you know tomorrow morning.
  WOO Hoo.  its PP ball time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 10:49am
I'm going to try to get to rodeo hole by 6 pm friday. Camp by 30 minutes after whenever I get tired of surfing.

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:56am
Ohh I'm getting excited, I can't wait to hit some of those waves. I havn't been on the river at this high of cfs!!! Did you have to pay for that in advance too James..???

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:19pm
Nope ... Just a few prayer requests and a bit of planning....

Apparently the almightly enjoys a good whitewater party too!

-------------

Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 3:49pm
So, King Chili will be full of food (and still no rack yet...), but I am sure I could fit another play boat in and 1-2 passengers.  I will be leaving downtown tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon and returning Sunday evening. 

Let me know...King Chili likes it when other people chip in gas money.

-------------

Posted By: Jeff
Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:10pm
Hey Ya'll, Have a blast out there this weekend!  So sad I will not be there..I'll be thinking of all that nice and cool white water (and BEER!!)while I'm at the Fire Training Center in North Bend all weekend burning stuff and crawling around in the dark!

-------------
"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:11pm
what time do you think you're leaving tomorrow? cuz I need a ride but i have school till 2:30 and i cant skip tomorrow cuz i alreaddy skiped the last 3 days and then i would skip friday too....   it takes me bout 30 mins to get up to seattle.... 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:31pm
I'll be leaving Seattle around 2-3ish, have an apointment in Kirkland 3-4ish, and then off to FITW if it is low enough, or straight out to leavenworth.  I can meet up with folks on the I90 coridor...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:47pm
Okay I get back to you but i donno if i can make it tomorrow... is there anyone else from the seattle, kent auburn  area how has some space in the car?

what about you james? when are you leaving?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:31pm
Tobin - Got your message but I didn't want to call too late. I am indeed familiar with the Lakewood Ram... I'll call you Thursday morning/afternoon.
- Adam (bronkrdr)

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 10:01pm
The chili is done...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:03pm
Sven I am leaving tomorrow also most likely in the late afternoon. I do not have room for you though. Unfortunatly my van is packed to the gills with bbq's and gear for the weekend.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:08pm
Jeff   I have  taught that class,, have fun and stay low,, if your instructor is good , you will come home with a heat rash!!!!   Pm me what dept you are with!  and its Burn to Learn.. Not learn to burn,, ya pyro!!!

Adam,, call anytime, my cell is listed,, thank you very much!!!  my hooptie thanks you too.  the good news is you and your wife are drinking fo free!!!!  

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:14pm
Sven,,
  i may have a seat for you if you kick in for gas... Ambre is leaving Tacoma no sooner than 2 on Friday. since you dont have a boat it might work out well,,  I am leaving earlier with the gear
  Gimme a call tomorrow, it would be great for you to make it, and if I can help I will!!

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 6:40am

-------------
Sure?

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 8:25am
10K and I'm on MY WAY!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 8:54am
For shizzel....

-------------

Posted By: Weide
Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 3:55pm
Any word on the Rodeo location? Gotta work Sat . Night, so I am comming over on Sunday. Rodeo Hole should be crack-a-lackin' !

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 3:58pm
I'm thinking rodeo will be great for it. What's the format gonna be? A jam style format, like in skate comps or surf comps could be fun, with a best ride or best trick sort of thing.

Posted By: erikSANDSTROM
Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 4:42pm
Its ON! Sarah and I will be rolling up mid morning Friday.

-------------
This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 5:36am
Looks like perfect water for the wenatchee...have a great time, everyone.

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 8:52am
I'm leaving Friday afternoon.  Anyone else want to caravan?  

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:16am
I should be at rodeo at 6:30 tonight. It's on!

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:24am
You guys have a great time out there, wish I could be there. Be safe and have fun.

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 10:08am
You could still watch and film, make snack's for us hard working paddler's Dave. I mean...!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 3:49pm
hey guys

I still needa ride! cuz tobin had some probs.... he wanned to give me the number of some other guy but i cant get a hold of tobin tho if anyone heads out to leavenworth and is willing to give me a ride i would be very thankfull!!!!

cya folks

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 6:54pm
neverminde everything worked out fine!

cya in leavenworht!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window