Trip Discussion's: tilton saturday
Print Page | Close Window

tilton saturday

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3571
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 12:54am

Topic: tilton saturday
Posted By: jondufay
Subject: tilton saturday
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 6:59pm

hey folks,

it looks like the tilton is holding.  so as of now saturday is a go!  as long as it stays between 1200-2000 cfs, the trip is on.  we will be leaving seattle early, probably around 7ish, so no staying out for last call on friday night.

should be fun-

jon

Replies:
Posted By: oopsiflipped
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 10:20pm

According to the WRRR guys there is a new log on the tilton.  I think they said it was in the first drop in the first canyon, but that is half-rememberd and at least third hand info.  Check the WRRR yahoo group page for more info

gabe

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 12:01am
what is the wrrr group?

Posted By: Brandon
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2006 at 9:00am

It's a group of rafters.  I went with some folks from the group last weekend and they ended up running a different section. Good choice too - I ran this stretch of the tilton and right after the first drop there is a large log jam.  Not really any danger, just a definite portage.  Pretty easy on the left side in a kayak, but would be hours for rafters. 

Posted By: huckin harms
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2006 at 8:47am

Yeah, that log jam gives us a glimpes of what could happen on the Green just above pipeline.

Jon, good on the Tilton.  Thanks for the trip post.  Definitely good times.

Print Page | Close Window