Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 1:53am

Topic: Cafepress
Posted By: James
Subject: Cafepress
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 1:32pm
In the next few months I am going to be working on a store to add into our site here. Obivously the first items that will show up in the store are easy little things like stickers and other items, but the real items I want to get going are shirts, hats etc.

Onto the question. There are a few different routes that you can go when you are doing this kind of stuff.

Cafepress is a outfit on the web that makes clothing and items with graphics made per your design. The upside it that you don't have to buy anything. You just upload your design and people can buy the stuff. Then you get a little percentage of the sale.

The other method is having a real company make a bunch of stuff which requires an up front investment and then once they are made you sell them without the need of a company like cafepress to make orders on request.

I like the cafe press Idea but honestly, I hate cotton T-shirts. I am sick of cheap crap that was made in some other country that has nothing to do with us other than a little picture printed on the front. I am much more inclined to have a line of shirts/hats etc.. made from a local out fit that uses quality materials and captures more of our interest than a skinny over worked cambodian crankin out a million shirts a day. So that leaves us with a company like Kavu or Prana.

So this is the question. Would you rather pay more for something nice, or less for something cheaper? Quality or Quanity?

Replies:
Posted By: Hydro
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 3:01pm
Quality.

I don't really buy branded shirts to show off my allegiences, but a cool poly-pro river shirt would be swanky and less stinky than my current ol fuzzy rubber.   Or an apres-river hoody could be cool.  Make that logo mean, James - flames and waterfalls and stuff.

PP is hitting the main arteries of mass appeal, eh.  When can I get a PP-branded Subi Outback!? 

Posted By: tradguy2
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 3:10pm
I agree, quality and cool logos.  I need all the help I can get being cool.

-------------
... preparing for a river beating!     

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 3:23pm
Any suggestions on Fabric .... snicker snicker 

-------------

Posted By: erikSANDSTROM
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 3:27pm
I think PP logoed pocket protectors would be really popular with this crowd.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by erikSANDSTROM

I think PP logoed pocket protectors would be really popular with this crowd.

-------------

Posted By: STLboater
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 3:46pm
cafepress is an extremely easy way to go about getting schwag for a group.  Back in stl we have a group called TDC (team dirt clod) and we can buy stuff stuff on cafe press.  You dont have to worry about collecting money, ordering too many and you can easily make a huge selection of items. 

http://www.cafepress.com/fatyaks/1112625

-------------
Kayak Academy Whitewater Instructor

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 4:09pm

a professor paddle sticker would find a home on my rocketbox

-------------
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2006 at 9:47pm
Maybe even a design for the PP.com Ball

-------------

Posted By: SupaSta
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 12:37pm
james,

I've got a friend down in California that's got an embroidery shop.  She can do shirts, hats, jackets, whatever.  And she works with a shop that also does the silk screen t-shirt thing.

She helped me put together some stuff for a kayak club a while back and it turned out great.

She's a friend, so it would definitely be nice to toss some business her way.  Let me know if you're interested.

Dan

Print Page | Close Window