Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17016
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:40am

Topic: Driver with cold beer
Posted By: ap467
Subject: Driver with cold beer
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:20pm
Yo everyone!

Working as a meteorologist in Seattle for a few months and looking to check out the whitewater scene, meet new people, and get some beta on gear/lessons/what-have-you.
My bro has been trying to get me to start boatin and now that I live in the PNW I thought I'd try it out.

Thought I would offer shuttle rides just so I can get out of the house and stop watching whitewater videos. Beers on me.

Cheers!
Andy

Replies:
Posted By: James
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:11pm
What type of boating do you do / what skill level, that will probably help others connect

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:04pm
No experience, just looking to see what it's like and get out of the house

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:22pm
You got a boat and gear or are you looking for someone to help you out with all of that?

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:34pm
I dont have any gear, just looking to see what it's like. Waiting for covid to calm down to take some lessons.

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:33pm
It's an amzing sport that takes some dedication, but the want to do it is the first step! Hopefully things will open up and you can find some classes as that is definitely the way to go. They usually will have gear to rent or borrow during classes also, so you dont need to invest too much to get you feet wet, or head wet...

-------------
Nomad

Print Page | Close Window