Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16998
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:36am

Topic: Summer Roll Sessions
Posted By: megspk
Subject: Summer Roll Sessions
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:25am
Hey ya'll!

This summer we're looking to put together some informal roll sessions at the lakes around Seattle and probably the Powerhouse. Thinking of starting in July and going through August.

I'm looking for people who might be interested in volunteering to "host" which means you'd pick the place and time and post about it here (or I can do that part) and on Facecrack....weeknights are welcome as well as weekends :)

HMU if you are interested in helping out. Once things are more established, I'll be sure to share on here too :)

Cheers!
Megan
megspk@gmail.com
*Please feel free to message me on here, through FB messenger, or my email*

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Replies:
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 11:56am
Powerhouse sesh Thursday July 18 at 6pm-8pm, meet at Plum's Landing. Shuttle is <5 minutes!

Plan to practice some rolls, catch some eddies, and surf a little! Don't forget your Discover Pass. *Informal roll help available! Bring a T-Rescue partner!

Where: Powerhouse section of the Snoqualmie
Class: 2
Take out: Plums Landing
Put In: Powerhouse

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:31am
Roll Sesh at Lake Washington Wednesday July 24 from 6 PM to 7:30 PM at Magnuson Park! We'll be just south of the boat ramp. If you park in E1 we should be just in front of there :) Informal roll help available. Bring a T-rescue partner! PFD's required. See you Wednesday!
I've also attached a map :)

https://www.seattle.gov/Documents/Departments/ParksAndRecreation/Parks/Magnuson/MagnusonPublicMap2018.pdf

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:56am
Roll Sesh at Lake Washington Wednesday August 7th from 6 PM to 7:30 PM at Magnuson Park! We'll be just south of the boat ramp. If you park in E1 we should be just in front of there :) Informal roll help available. Bring a T-rescue partner! PFD's required. See you Wednesday!

I've also attached a map :)

https://www.seattle.gov/Documents/Departments/ParksAndRecreation/Parks/Magnuson/MagnusonPublicMap2018.pdf

-------------

Posted By: ID-1
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:18pm
Oly Roller Version of the Summer Roll Sessions!

Summit Lake Boat Launch (10 miles or so west of Olympia -google it). I'll be there 6-8pm to assist and encourage. If you're an Oly/OP/Chehalis/South Sound boater come on out have a few beers and meet some folks.
Thanks to MegsPK for setting the stage and providing the stoke.
Gavin

Wednesday August 28th - 6 - 8 PM

Print Page | Close Window