Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15891
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:51pm

Topic: Lower Tye
Posted By: mikenash
Subject: Lower Tye
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 8:00am
I ran the Lower Tye yesterday. Sky was at about 14.5 k.  Level was medium high. Very little wood in there now but still one bad bit in play at the big rapid halfway down. The wood is a large tree on river right in the second part of the rapid. A lot of water is pushing into it and under it. easiest to scout from river left.   This run is a great intermediate run. Most rapids are read and run. It is roadside and short, maybe 1 mile and pool drop in nature. If it is your first time down and you are not a solid 4+ boater I would look for levels between 10k and 12k on the Sky gauge. Lap this run and dial in your creeking moves.

Replies:
Posted By: rebshep
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:16pm
Thanks for the beta! I remember hearing it was clear last year and I'm thinking I'm up for the challenge this year but I don't know much about it. What access did you use?

Posted By: mikenash
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:03am
Take Foss road, it follows the tye. Takeout is a little camp spot by river about 800 ft downstream of the confluence . carry on upstream over the foss bridge. take first road on the left. this roughly follows the tye. put in is in a pool just before the road moves away from the river. There is a sign saying there is no way to turn around if you continue. If you have one vehicle, set shuttle first and check out the rapids on the hike back up to the put in.

Posted By: rebshep
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 9:03pm
Thanks!

Print Page | Close Window