Lost \ Found \ Stolen: Lots boat / North Fork Nooksack Canyon
Print Page | Close Window

Lots boat / North Fork Nooksack Canyon

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Classifieds
Forum Name: Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Forum Discription: Lost gear and Found Gear, Post it Here - Got something stolen, let everyone know
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15836
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:41am

Topic: Lots boat / North Fork Nooksack Canyon
Posted By: Will Hanson
Subject: Lots boat / North Fork Nooksack Canyon
Date Posted: 06 May 2017 at 2:35am
04/06/17
Took a nice little swim today and lost my boat.
I swam at landslide rapid on the canyon of the North Fork of the Nooksack so my boat will be below that rapid hopefully not under a huge log jam

The boat is a blue Pyranha Ammo size small with NRS stern float bags and a NRS throw bag strapped in by the seat.

If you find it please contact me at 253-222-8854 or 630-415-6102

-Will

Replies:
Posted By: doggievacation
Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:51am
Will,

Did you run the Canyon again on Saturday to look for your boat?  If not, I'd be up for a run today.  I'd be game to run the river down to milepost 27 (several miles below the Green Bridge.)  John

-------------
Don't waste water!

Date Posted: 07 May 2017 at 5:27pm
I didn't get a chance to paddle on Saturday, I went back to Glacier to try and see if it was caught up close to where I swam but it is long gone from that area. I had to leave Bellingham and won't be returning until after the 16th..

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:41pm
The boat was found!! Made it down to a log jam where it got pinned, a few hikers went and grabbed it and gave me a ring. Hyped

Posted By: doggievacation
Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 3:32pm
Congrats!  You need to reward those hikers with some serious gifts... not just a six pack decent beer!

It seems like more and more often, if someone loses a boat on the river, it either disappears for good, or it ends up on Craigslist with a hefty asking price.  (And, yeah, your float bags, spare paddle, unpin kit, and 1st Aid Kit will cost extra.)

Putting your name on your boat, paddle, and gear can help if it's found by a Good Samaritan, but Magic Marker is easily removed with xylene (aka, Goof Off) by anyone who plays by the "Finders, Keepers" rule book.  You got lucky.

-------------
Don't waste water!

Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:42pm
Agreed, very lucky.

Print Page | Close Window