Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15784
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:53am

Topic: Silly Stilly Watch 2017
Posted By: JoesKayak
Subject: Silly Stilly Watch 2017
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:08am
After 2 years of poor spring snowpack/river levels on the Silly Stilly, this year is looking to be much much better!

Now that daylight savings is kicking in I'll be planning on getting out and doing evening runs during the week.

For the first few runs of the season, while days are still relatively short, paddlers should be familiar with the run or just very solid in their skills so we can get down the crik quickly. Later in the season (May - July) we can have a more relaxed pace and take more time showing first timers down.

Let me know if you're interested in joining for runs! It would be great to get a consistent crew on the Stilly.

Replies:
Posted By: Bmahood
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 4:55pm
I live in Olympia but am retired and would like to get up there to paddle

Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:57pm
I'm interested too.

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:46am
Glad to have interest in this run. I'll keep this thread going as the discussion board for this run and place to post trips when they happen.

Posted By: Bmahood
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:21pm
If you are starting an email list please add me. Email address is: Jbmahood@outlook.com

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 6:25pm
As long as levels don't drop too much we'll be running the Stilly this Tues 4/4. Meeting at takeout at 5:30. Please come ready to quickly swap boats, change and head up. Should have a couple hours of light which is plenty if we go quickly.

Posted By: Jimmy
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 6:44pm
I live this run, but I have a strange work schedule, let me know if a run is happening!

Posted By: Cloud9
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:34pm
If levels cooperate a friend and I are planning to run the Stilly and the Sauk on Thursday, meeting in granite falls at 10:30. These are both new runs for us, so we'd love more friends to join or tips and beta, especially about where specifically take outs and put ins are!

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:33am
Hope this isn't too late to be helpful.

At the Stilly the best plan is to leave a vehicle at the big turnout across the road from Verlot Ranger station and then take out at Verlot Campground. There is a trail from the parking area that goes down to a small bridge into the campground. You may want to check it ahead of time so you can recognize the takeout beach from the river.

I like to use the "big bend" put-in which is just a spot along the river with a turnout and short scramble over a few rocks down to the river. You'll see it about 4-5 miles up the road from the takeout. You can also go a mile further to Boardman creek... there's not much more whitewater up there, but there is some ugly wood to portage.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm
Next up: Tuesday, 4/11 evening lap.

Meet at takeout 5:30

This week we had a fun low water lap and looking forward to hopefully a bit more water for the next lap.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:49pm
This week we're on again for Tuesday!

Tuesday, 4/18. Meet at takeout at 5:30.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:25pm
Great time today on the river at a perfect medium level. Thanks to everyone who rallied out.

I started up a Facebook for these runs. Join it here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1446645075373621/

Posted By: superposer
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:10am
Thanks for having us JOSE!

Print Page | Close Window