Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15783
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:53pm

Topic: Pilchuck Response Team '17
Posted By: JoesKayak
Subject: Pilchuck Response Team '17
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:00am
While I won't be able to get on it, I thought I'd point out to anyone who is able to get out mid-week: Pilchuck Creek has been running quite consistently in the low to med range for the last 4-5 days with the rain and low level snow.  Would be a shame if no one got some while it's on this nice run of good flows.

Just remember, access is still closed to the middle put-in, so if you're going you'll need to run the upper/middle combo (or the lower if you just want some class 2).

Replies:
Posted By: outdoorjunkie88
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:20pm
thanks for the heads up,  might get on it wednesday, tomorrow. 

-------------
Drew C.

Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:51pm
What is considered high on pilchuck?

Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:58am
Personally I've only run it at low runnable to medium levels (~800 to 1400) so I would defer to others as to what is high.

I do gather from what I've heard from other paddlers who've run it higher that 3000 is too high to run unless you're a very solid class V paddler who's familiar with the run.

On the river page there are notes on levels from multiple paddlers you can check out.

Posted By: outdoorjunkie88
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm
Today was a nice medium. The gauge rock was just barely under and the stick read 4.4. Lots of eddies still. Not too pushy but most of the rocks were covered and no scraping.

It was clean with one river wide log that we were just able to get over. Any water levels lower than today and it would have to be portaged. Easy to see though.

-------------
Drew C.

Posted By: kevinh
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:41pm
Thanks for the info!

Print Page | Close Window