Whitewater Forum: Robe, Ledge hole sucks!
Print Page | Close Window

Robe, Ledge hole sucks!

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15726
Printed Date: 15 Apr 2024 at 8:56pm

Topic: Robe, Ledge hole sucks!
Posted By: mikenash
Subject: Robe, Ledge hole sucks!
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 6:29am
Ran robe on sun around 5ft. Swam in the last ledge hole below last sunshine, the one we run on the right. At this level the hole is backed up by the rocks just downstream right. you cant just cruise through on the tongue. You have to power through it, paddling uphill to get away from it. Be ready to bag/livebait anyone out who gets stuck in this hole. Probably my worst hole swim ever.

Replies:
Posted By: mokelumnekid
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 10:30pm
yikes! glad you are okay

Posted By: chipmaney
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 7:17am
Beater!

-------------
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 3:55pm
Since it's the worst hole on the river it definitely needs a name. I put it up as Dawn's Hole on the Robe page, but it needs a proper naming i think. ...the Nash Compactor? Glad you're alright man. Did you flush or get roped out?

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Posted By: mikenash
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 8:47pm
Let the masses decide on the name. I got roped out and I doubt I would have flushed.

Posted By: tiziak
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 7:03am
Nash Compactor!!!

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: ckoontz
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by tiziak

Nash Compactor!!!

I like it

Posted By: xanthopb
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 2:19pm
Sucks Hole? (Full disclosure, a modified name from the Top Yough)

Actually I've been calling it "Johny's Pit" after a friend of Ben's swam in it several months ago. However, anything to break Nash's chops is OK with me.

-------------
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Posted By: Ellingferd
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 10:12am
Nash Compactor for the win. Seriously, that is the name now, or at least that is what I'm calling it! Glad you are alright. That hole is nasty, even at 5.6-5.7 the pile coming back into the hole is pretty terrifying if you eddy out to look at it.

-------------
Wave Sport

Posted By: rockarolla
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 1:01pm
To those not familiar with the run this ledge hole is easily avoided on the right.I've always gone around it on right. And saved my beat downs for all the other rapids ! Seems more wicked then Lunch hole for sure ! Which is also easily avoided. If u charge this hole its a choice.

-------------
Dave Moroles.   253 241 8550.

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:07am
The addendum has been made and added to the official record. Please make a note of it.

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Print Page | Close Window