Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15625
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:24pm

Topic: Sky Vigilante Justice Squad
Posted By: huckin harms
Subject: Sky Vigilante Justice Squad
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 8:48am
Word to the wise. Cable drop and Split have been hit again. Time to organize a stake out, otherwise this could continue into the fall and beyond.

The rascals doing this seem to be having fun with it. They aren't getting much, and don't go for vehicles that might have alarms.

A dummy car, somebody in the woods with a camera and phone, and backup volunteer or two, should take care of it.

Thoughts?

Replies:
Posted By: Slackkinhard
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 9:32am
I'm game...count me in

Posted By: septimus prime
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 1:05pm
In.

-------------
Jon Shell Bee

Posted By: SkyFall
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:06pm
Time to kick some azz

Posted By: superposer
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 7:18am
im in. They hit rob M the other night. Lets go

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 7:51am

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/evirnoche/media/opplanet-red-rock-outdoor-gear-5-pc-ghillie-suit-desert-med-lg-70916m-l-main_zpspd5kcpms.jpg.html">

Me thinks this one would be great for the split rock access as the moss is just like it. I already know my spot

Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 10:02am
Those guys are LAME!! Totally out of control :(

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 1:10pm
I'm in. Pick a good hot day and bring your stun gun and pepper spray along with some zip ties. Time ta ride the light'nin, skeeter!!

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 1:49pm
I've gotta couple ideas to deploy.  If anyone finds a rope with a piece of 'hamburger' tied to it...just kick it in the ditch and don't tell anyone

Posted By: jalmquist
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 3:05pm
As an (in)famous author once wrote, "sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul".

Talk is cheap, boys. I want to read about this in the paper!   

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 6:03pm
What days work best. Wednesday or thursdays? Heavier volume more so then Mondays and tuesdays. Paintball gun with marbles might be in order

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 7:34pm
This is starting to get quite absurd.

-------------
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...

Posted By: NateW
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:12am
We have some issues in Wenatchee with motorized folks going into MTB areas. I've always thought a combination of signs saying YOU ARE ON CAMERA and dummy security cameras might be a pretty good way to keep people out of the area.

Don't be silly and commit assault.

Posted By: huckin harms
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:08am
I would be inclined to think midweek is best. Correct me if I'm wrong, all the recent break in's have been midweek. I think it has to do with lighter volumes of traffic at times when it's 'kinda' quiet on hwy2. Late evenings, mid afternoons during midweek. The last break in was on a Wed evening.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:18pm
It would be pretty easy to set up a gopro someone in the woods, and a vehicle parked with follow crew on the east and westside of highway 2. Radio down road the car follows the thief to location while camera guy calls the sherriff

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 1:51pm
I for one don't ever want to commit an assault, however from my experience, when ya happen upon someone doing these types of things, ya pretty much have a problem to deal with. I'm not one to walk away after I catch you breaking into my car.

There are some nifty new gadget cams that can easily be hidden and will take pictures, so I'm going to rig up something and see what we get. In the last 2yrs I've only been present when a single window was broken at the split rock parking lot, and it's not like there are paddlers car there all day every day, so I'm not sure what's going to come of it. I have a hard time justifying a stakeout with those odds.

Print Page | Close Window