Lost \ Found \ Stolen: Lost paddle
Print Page | Close Window

Lost paddle

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Classifieds
Forum Name: Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Forum Discription: Lost gear and Found Gear, Post it Here - Got something stolen, let everyone know
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15324
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:38pm

Topic: Lost paddle
Posted By: thad2000
Subject: Lost paddle
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:07pm
I lost a warner paddle on the Skycomish.. It should have my email on the blades (thad2000@aol.com)..   It's strait shaft... black shaft, yellow fiberglass blades. Thanks.

-------------
why not!

Replies:
Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:57pm
Today, awesome! Not that you lost the paddle, but that you got out! How was 10K on the lower?

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Posted By: mokelumnekid
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 8:08am
That's such a bummer- but given the levels that paddle is probably bobbing in salt water by now...But you never know. I lost a paddle on the Grand Canyon and it was found by a rafter six months later, stuck in debris in what he described as, "An eddy no one ever visits." Hope you get lucky.

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 6:55pm
yea,.. I loaned my paddle out.. thought there would be three of us going down the river, but after the paddle was lost only two... and the other guy was really new in an inflatable. So I didn't screw around. It's good to get out in bigger water when I've been keeping to low flows.
I took the safest lines. I'd be for doing it again when I had more confidence in support. Then I could work on heavy current stuff.

-------------
why not!

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 7:03pm
It's not bad, seems safe enough. The guy who lost the paddle was caught in a bad whole.. but flushed him after 3 roll attempts. Most of it was just strong moving with some nice wave trains and occasional side waves from the banks. Just remember a bit of respect.

-------------
why not!

Print Page | Close Window