Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15022
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:03am

Topic: "Old Man" update
Posted By: jalmquist
Subject: "Old Man" update
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 2:45pm
News Flash from the Summer OR show - after all these years, the Dagger "old man" is finally being updated. Three sizes, with the largest in the mid 90's and just under 9', the M a bit bigger than the current 8.5 (no spec info as of yet). A bit less stern rocker, and a bit more bow rocker (the claim is "faster").     

Replies:
Posted By: JD_G
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 1:27pm
Long live the "old man"!

Posted By: SOPBOATER
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:05pm
What boat are we talking here? The nomad is hardly old enough for old man status. We talking rpm?

Posted By: jalmquist
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 8:22am
Yep, we're talking the Nomad. True, it's not that old of boat design. Rather, it's a good, off-the-couch boat for us old men. Plus, if you slur your speech and down a few beers, "Nomad" and "Old Man" sound somewhat similar. OK, that's a stretch...     

Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 8:38am
I REALLY want to try out one of these new Nomads....

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Posted By: SOPBOATER
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 12:49pm
Yeah I'm on for some bigger nomad love. I don't need a boat anymore that makes things harder, I got enough problems.

Posted By: Jed Hawkes
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 2:02pm
It's got subtle changes but it's looks like a sweet boat. I'm not really one to paddle displacement hulls but If I had to pick one it would be this new large nomad or a shiva. The increased bow rocker will work well on our whitewater and they "shoveled" the bow a bit. The old bow was extremely round and the new iteration continues the subtle chine from midships through the bow. I'm guessing it will carry over rather than through features. The deck profile on the stern is almost the same as the old version so it will shed water like the first gen and the deck on the bow is very similar to the new mamba but without the width that the mamba has.

It looks like a cool boat and will be a good compromise for a displacement hull boat in the PNW.

-------------
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723

Posted By: commander fun
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 1:50pm
sick, old nomads will be super cheap now.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window