Trip Discussion's: Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis
Print Page | Close Window

Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15012
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:43pm

Topic: Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis
Posted By: Abron
Subject: Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 10:41am
Howdy PNW folks!  my name is Abraham, and I am coming up from NM for a wedding on Mt. Hood on the 8th,  and hoping to get a couple runs in on the Middle & Lower white salmon, below Bz to through the to the confluence,  or maybe even Farmlands if its flowing, and the easier runs go well.
I am hoping to link up with a local who wouldnt mind showing me the  goods, between the 9th and 12th of August. I will be with my family in hood river, and going out to the coast as well.
I know the Clackamas and the WS are probably the only thing flowing nearby, and but we only have 2 main rivers in NM anyhow so thats about what Im used to... lol.... droughts suck. thats definitely something i am used to....

So I am not a class V paddler, but am a very experienced intermediate. I am a 16 year class III/IV paddler, river guide, paramedic firefighter,ski patroller type, you know those ones,  dirtbags...always talking about themselves....
I have a drysuit if necessary, pin kit, first aid etc.. like a good firefighter, try to be overprepared...

I do also have a playboat, river runner and SUP just to take advantage of whatever I can if there''s anything else  g

Hit me up at the number listed above if you are getting out between the 4th-6th or 9th- 12th,
Thanks & SYOTR
Abe

Replies:
Posted By: akayakermike
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 5:02pm
Try PDXkayaker.org, though I think people use facebook groups a lot more now. Farmlands will be way to low, unless you mountain bike, but I think folks are doing the lower still. If can travel a little bit there are some dam release runs in the Willamette Valley and Bend always has water.

Print Page | Close Window