Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14453
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:03am

Topic: MM ThursdaY or FridaY
Posted By: CErickson12
Subject: MM ThursdaY or FridaY
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 3:45pm
trYing to get a group together for a thanksgiving run on either earlY thursdaY morning or fridaY anY time. let me know (425)-seven65-seven36seven

Replies:
Posted By: PaddleGirl
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:45pm
how early on thursday?

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:28pm
Meet at the take out at 10am? Or earlier I'm up for whatever time wise

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 4:08pm
i can make ten but would prefer 11.. but i can be flexible.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 4:18pm
Let's see if we get anymore people trying to join and if there game for 11am lets do that!!

Posted By: Mike55
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 10:19pm
Whats up,

wanting to boat the MM on Thursday, but can't make it there until 11/11;30. (Have to take a friend to the airport at 9.)

Will most likely have another friend along as well. Still waiting for his confirmation. will keep you posted.

Posted By: dagger3000
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 11:18pm
Cant make it thursday, But will be around friday and saturday if anyone wants to get a lap in then.

206 963 6620

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 11:35pm
I would like to be on the water by noon at the latest, but the sooner the better for me. I also will be on the water for sure on Friday. I am not sure on the time yet friday but will let you know once I contact a few friend that will be joining

Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 10:50am
Do you think it's possible to bake a turkey WHILE on the river?!.....

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 11:03am
Depends on who the turkey is.

I smoke mine and although dangerous if left alone my smoker is closer to the neighbors house so I figure its ok for me.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 12:50pm
is there any interest in a Thanksgiving potluck after boating? I'm happy to host at my house in kirkland, if there is interest (and don't expect a turkey :)

Posted By: Slackkinhard
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 1:39pm
we used to go to the sand dunes on Turkey day and build a big bonfire, lots of big coals, then triple wrap a turkey in aluminum foil. Bury the coals in about 2-3" of sand, then throw the turkey in the middle and bury it completely. We'd take off for about 8hrs, come back and dig it up.

As good as any

ya gotta find some dry sand on a beach somewhere which would be hard to come by in the PNWet.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 2:20pm
well we do have a volunteer to cook a turkey now!

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 7:25pm
Just curious, what are max flows people are willing to run it at?

Its currently at 12k! Crazy! would love to see it at these flows!

The highest Ive done MM is 3500, wondering whats its like above that?

My friend Patrick is confirmed for boating and I"m hoping to make it up to the river from the airport by 11ish. Hopefully traffic will agree with me!

Posted By: portagebro
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 8:14pm
I went at 10K a few years ago and there was a lot of big wood coming down but the rapids were mostly washed out and it was not very good.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 9:04pm
Im in the same boat mike. I have seen the mm at 3k... It should drop a bit tomorrow the rain is supposed to let up so hopefully it will bring it down to a reasonable level.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 9:13pm
http://vimeo.com/89464951

Here is a video of people running the middle middle at flood stage! Which is what the levels are getting to

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 10:26am
If the MM is still flowing well over 6k tomorrow I would be up for running the South Fork of the Snoqualmie it would also be a good run at the level its at.

Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 10:45am
I could potentially be down for the SF Sno tomorrow!  11 or so would be sweet for me.  I'll know for sure tomorrow!

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 5:11pm
So ill leave this up for everyone else to decide but If MM is still above recommended I will be most likely running the SF sno the twin falls section I heard it is fun at the higher levels. On friday I will for sure be running the MM. Ill check back tomorrow morning and see what everyone is planning on doing.

or just text me in the morning (425)765-7367

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 5:35pm
i'm not sure about tomorrow but i'm probably in for MM friday.

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 6:59pm
Well,

If it continues to drop at the rate it is now and we don't get much more rain overnight, it should put it around 2k which is good. We'll see?

otherwise I will be down for the SF as well, its a fun run. Haven't been on it above 1200 though. should be interesting!

I wont have internet in the morning so, Megan and Jen: keep me posted on what yer thinkin in the morning and Ill send you a txt. Erickson.

That vimeo looked kinda fun with all the big wave trains, but they didn't show any of the major drops like house and lunch hole or cookie monster or anything. Hard to know what to expect.

Hope to see ya all on the river tomorrow! Should be fun!

Posted By: Nanook
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 11:28pm
Two of us will be at Tanner at 10am.  Hoping it stays high.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 8:29am
The sf of snoqualmie is where I'll be today at 11am. MM is still the plan for tomorrow morning. Posted my # above shoot me a text if your joining! Happy Turkey Day all!!!!

Posted By: cchollnd
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 10:14pm
So what is the plan for mm tomorrow (Friday)?

Print Page | Close Window