Whitewater Forum: Anyone paddled coal creek?
Print Page | Close Window

Anyone paddled coal creek?

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14408
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 4:14pm

Topic: Anyone paddled coal creek?
Posted By: imageAK
Subject: Anyone paddled coal creek?
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:41am
Looking for someone that has paddled coal creek here in lewis county, says its a class III+ with an average gradient of 104fpm &&& its pretty damned close to me I would love some beta since there is none to be found on the interwebs & I would like to hit it asap!

Replies:
Posted By: Jed Hawkes
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:43am
I'd reckon that if you ran it you'd be one of the first in a while. Let us know how it goes.

-------------
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:50am
whelp supposed to get over an inch of rain throughout today so i guess Ill have to hit it tomorrow. if no on hears back search the bottom for a gopro itll have the details.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm
soooo the creek wasnt as full as i think it should have been but there was still a lot to navigate plenty of wood all the way down but lots of eddies and pools the whole stretch so much so i didnt regret bringing a play boat. I cant believe no one has run this in a while once some more rain saturates down here itll be a regular for me. I can actually imagine it getting a bit scary for me as it was today & I was by myself. With support and more water this one would be a great adrenaline slide.

-------------
aint nobody got time for that!

Posted By: SOPBOATER
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:59pm
Is this outside chehalis. Or Germany ck. Area.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 7:42am
correct near germany creek which is next on my list to check out. we're taking out the new raft today though!!!

-------------

Posted By: SOPBOATER
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 12:49pm
You will need a mega storm to bring out the best on either.

Posted By: thad2000
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 5:08am
I'm in Tacoma.. wouldn't mind checking out coal creek one of these days. you seem to be available during the week. Right? I use to live in Longview and tube the toutle back in the day.

-------------
why not!

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 12:20am
yep available during the week. and im down to run it again. rain allowing. the day i paddle it was after 1.25" of rain in the 12 hours prior and it was still lowish from the looks.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window