Forum Name: Open Forum
Forum Discription: Discuss and Share your expertise on products or technique
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14007
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:47am

Topic: Beginner in Whatcom County
Posted By: Joe W.
Subject: Beginner in Whatcom County
Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 7:25pm
I am a beginner at white water kayaking. i have my rolls down and have acquired proper gear. i am looking for someone to mentour me and show me the ropes. If there ever is a opportunity to help out the new guy, would be very thankful. Joe W. 360-840-4323 live in Bellingham.

Replies:
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:14pm
im that adventourouse guy that has been obsessing all winter organizing and buying all the gear waiting to be done with work for a couple of weeks, and give it a try on the river. life gets busy and so many other things should be doing during my time off, like chores, but i peddle, rock climb, hike and play in the gym waiting to find the opportunity to get that first trip on the river with the right people to learn the safe way. i have a little expierience back in 2001 in Golden Colorado and practiced the hell out of the rolls, just ready for a first adventure. i live in Bellingham, and all the action seems to be to the south. anybody feels like including that new guy let me know. 360-840-4323

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:16pm
Thanks to Professor Paddler I have gotten my first two trips in on the river. Got my first swim on South Fork Skykomish, rolls are solid and still lookin for people willing to teach. Am totally hooked and ready for next adventure. If anyone wants to kayak give me a call 360-840-4323.

Print Page | Close Window