Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13416
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 6:49am

Topic: Thank you IK'ers
Posted By: ChrisW
Subject: Thank you IK'ers
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:53pm
I would like to thank all the IK’ers that helped my decision making process on switching from hard-shells, along with deciding on what IK I wanted. I tired a half dozen different IK’s. I just had a great 3 night 4 day trip on the Rogue River, had rain, wind and fire! It was a 10 bear trip with 2 days of smoke free sunshine; it gave me a good chance to work the boat. A kayaker flipped in front of me going down Coffee Pot Rapid; had to make a fast snappy eddy-out half way down in a tight boiling eddy to avoid him, it was not a problem. This IK handles very well, surfing, side-surfs and 360’s are easy, but clearly not a hard-shell!  I finally got an action boating picture of the Sotar IK I had custom built. I purposely got the bow up, not good technique, but makes for a fun photo.  If anyone is considering buying an IK and has not found what you like, you are welcome to try this IK, it is one of a kind. This offer is my way of giving back to the IK community for all the help they offered me. Sotar may have a fall sale soon. PM me for questions.
Thanks again from the old guy, ChrisW 
Sorry can not figure out how to post pictures, maybe later.
For pic's click gallery, I think??? 

-------------
Ski to Sea; Rivers Rock!     Old-Man's Stopped Rolling, now just rides on his Red Rubber Ducky!

Replies:
Posted By: jalmquist
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 2:19pm
almost time to hang up the boat and wax your boards! 

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 10:02pm
Yah!! Not ready; still want more summer!!!  Got half dozen more alpine hikes and lakes to fly fish, along with some streams, not to mention fall colors hikes. Lower Naches canyon IK fly fishing trip or run down the Tieton is on my list too! More river water-snow to come later!

-------------
Ski to Sea; Rivers Rock!     Old-Man's Stopped Rolling, now just rides on his Red Rubber Ducky!

Posted By: chipmaney
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by jalmquist

almost time to hang up the boat and wax your boards! 

sacrilege. in the Pac NW, paddle season never ends.

-------------
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end

Posted By: jalmquist
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 8:38am
Way too cold to paddle in the winter...

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 9:19am
Way too cold to paddle in the winter...
What??? This from a guy that once skiied in his DRY SUIT??

Sotar IK pic's should show up by clicking gallery, fishing streams, not sure however ?? 
nothing exciting, but shows the IK lines.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window