Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13185
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:33am

Topic: PPball?
Posted By: Ellingferd
Subject: PPball?
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:33pm
Is there a ball this year? At least an informal one? Perhaps just a race on lower icicle and beer drinking?

Replies:
Posted By: rokmnky
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:58pm
same place. weekend of 6/8

Posted By: PaddleGirl
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 7:10pm
will there be a ramp this year?

Posted By: commander fun
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 9:33pm
is anyone stoked for this weekend?

-------------

Posted By: osmelendez
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 9:57pm
fu*k yeah dude! My wife and I are already dreaming up a fat breakfast, coffee, wilderness, whitewater, big bon fire, Jiminy Creek-it firing up a chainsaw in the mild of the night, some crazy chick screaming because the fire is to big, way too much alcohol. ya know. good times.

Posted By: osmelendez
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:07pm
wow, typing J-A-M-E-S really does turn into Jiminy Creek-it.

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:24pm
Haha-- I'ma pull a "simple green" comment here and say that it when one types J-A-M-E-S it should come up as Jiminy (used to) Creek-it...

Bahhh hah hah HAH!

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:26pm
JUST TEAS'N YA FAMILY MAN

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:16am
Well since my burn has only been on 4 runs in the last 6 months and only 2 were creeks I don't think anyone would argue with you on that jp. I will however see you this weekend on the sunny side...

Oh and slick please take this filter off!!

Posted By: tradguy2
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 8:41am
Why no advertising for the ball? Trying to keep it small?

-------------
... preparing for a river beating!     

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 9:10am
Where would we advertise? on the side of a bus? no ramp this year. Its going to be a skimp year. sponsors were really thin. in the end we'll have booze, a fire and water come out and party

Posted By: tradguy2
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 9:32am
I'll be there, shoulder injury is finally better. I didn't really expect advertising, just surprised there wasn't a page on PP.com

-------------
... preparing for a river beating!     

Posted By: commander fun
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 9:37am
Booze, fire, and water.    That's all I ever wanted.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:18pm
Fire & Water, plus Fire-Water. Its the PPeeps that make this event. All of the sponsers are great organizations too, but the swag ain't critical so much as the collective stoke.

Flows are boosting back up, too according to the usual forcasts...

Gotta ask: what day is the Icicle Creek Race? I hope it is sunday because saturday is not lookin good for me.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:34pm
We haven't decided on the race time. It's usually Saturday so people dont have to race with a hangover. I guess at worst we'll decide friday night.

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:44pm
Well in years past plenty o peeps have been just as hungover on saturday morning as they are on The Lord's Day. Just sayin. My vote is sunday so I can participate, but yall do what seems prudent. Not the prudent would exactly be the right word.

No stealin' pallets from orchards, kids! Now, that's some prudent advice.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Posted By: WA-Boater
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 3:34pm
Do it Sunday!!! Please. I would love to participate in the race....will be driving back from Idaho Saturday.
If not, have a good race and see ya all next year.
FYI, there is a Wenatchee downriver race saturday through the river fest. That would make for a race each day for those interested.
Anywyas....

Darren

-------------

Posted By: septimus prime
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 4:37pm
Sunday!!!
Cant get their till sat. night.
Last year we went Sunday and I recall a similar outcome to years past:
1. Darren wins (regardless if the race is Saturday, Sunday or yesterday)

2. Some how Joe Howard ends up launching after me again and I spend the whole race looking over my shoulder cursing at how fast he can make up a minute on me.

-------------
Jon Shell Bee

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 11:36pm
That's three votes for Sunday.
Come on, everyone: weigh in early or concede to sunday. So far 100% of the input is for sunday (Icicle crk race).

Plus we gotta stay true to this year's previously stated goal to mesh w/ the riverfest activities, most of which occur on saturday.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 11:37pm
Oh- and Icicle should be running on the big 'n fat side...

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 7:39am
Ok, you guys have it. The race will be on Sunday.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 8:40am
Yay!
You da man, Adam!
When are you gonna be at Phil's? Friday eve?

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 8:42am
And what is the story w/ Riverfest? Seems like the organizers would want to promote it on Washington's most active online forum, dontcha think?

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Posted By: thad2000
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:43am
I went one year... Last year maybe? It's all very fuzzy. Anyway, I Have no Idea how to get to the orchard. Anyone care to send a set of directions? GPS Coordinates?

-------------
why not!

Posted By: Lynn Wang
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:13pm

Posting on here was on my laundry list of ToDos…checked and done.

Yes, festivities on and off the river (WRF) are happening this weekend. The forecast looks good, mid 80s-sunny and level at 9000+.

The paddling community and local businesses are very generous and inspirational. Clinic instruction and gear for the silent auction and raffle have been donated; all proceeds go to AW.

We hope there is something for everyone: yoga, clinics, demos, races and competitions, music, BBQ and beer, and a fundraising raffle and silent auction. Friday play is at Rodeo Hole and Saturday events are all over the river.

Please traverse the WRF website for info: http://wenatcheeriverfestival.org/ - http://wenatcheeriverfestival.org

·         Marion Lodato, yoga instructor from Snowcreek Health is teaching an early morning session,

·         Wet Planet is instructing the downriver kayak clinic,

·         Jean Luc Robichaux/World Kayak is teaching the playboat clinic and running the Rodeo,

·         Wave Trek is teaching a rescue clinic and giving a demo,

·         LMS is sponsoring the SUP clinics and races,

·         RiverBooty is running the rafting events,

·         Cashmere Crossfit will be on hand to motivate you to keep on truckin,

·         Cascade Canoe and Kayak is grilling grub for the BBQ,

·         New Belgium Beer has donated the effervescence,

·         Justice for All will be playing the twang in the form of Bluegrass/Americana.

·         And I hope more hula hoopers will get their swing on.

Auction includes gear from: Confluence (wavesport Diesel 80), Werner Paddles, Snapdragon, PaddleEcuador, OR, Smith, Keen, smoked local salmon, private kayak lessons and more.

Raffle includes items from local businesses that make good food, Mountain Khakis, OR, NWOC and gear that LMS and Riverbooty are keeping secret.

Looking forward to gathering and celebrating what we all love and supporting AW- who are in the trenches.  

I think I was more literary than necessary, that JP guy influences, but no one can come close to his prose.

Posted By: Ellingferd
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:51pm
Sunday should be the race day. Most participation and opens up saturday for those who want to engage with the WRF.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 1:28pm
I'm going to make another post about this but for those following this thread I have some big, not so good news. Due to some miscommunication, we did not secure Phil's orchard like we thought.

We have however secured a new location at Tierra Retreat in their "barn canyon". The site is up chumstick highway. Check their site http://www.tierraretreat.com/ - http://www.tierraretreat.com/ or the google map for directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705+Leavenworth,+WA+98826&ll=47.680053,-120.651748&spn=0.00619,0.013937&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705,+Leavenworth,+Washington+98826&gl=us&t=h&z=17 - https://maps.google.com/maps?q=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705+Leavenworth,+WA+98826&ll=47.680053,-120.651748&spn=0.00619,0.013937&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=12000+National+Forest+Development+Road+7705,+Leavenworth,+Washington+98826&gl=us&t=h&z=17

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 1:37pm
Please move all discussion about the venue change to the new thread so everyone can follow. Again the race is on Sunday so I want to encourage everyone to participate with the wenatchee river fest events on saturday.

Print Page | Close Window