Whitewater Forum: Friday afternoon Green?
Print Page | Close Window

Friday afternoon Green?

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11899
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:21am

Topic: Friday afternoon Green?
Posted By: melger
Subject: Friday afternoon Green?
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:21am
Anyone interested in hitting up the green this afternoon?  I am thinking around 3 or 3:30 for a lap through the main gorge.  

Replies:
Posted By: GHannam
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 9:48am
"Main Gorge"?? What section are you talking about???

Posted By: melger
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:02am
KP park or the bridge to paradise . . I suppose the 'upper gorge' is the proper name.  

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:22am
Yes, that is the Upper Green and the skill levels required for the Upper vs. the Lower is notable. Personally speaking, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a class III boater on the Upper at 2K+...

I know I can't make a 3:00/3:30 meet up time today, but if I hustled home after work I could potentially make a 4-5pm meetup time. If not, the Green should be running at a healthy flow all weekend, and depending on whether or not I head to Wenatchee this weekend, I'd be game to run it tomorrow or Sunday.

Keep me posted and I hope you find someone available to run it today-- it's a good flow

Posted By: irenen
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:54pm
My recollection is that the Elger has already styled the Upper in the high 3K's. :)  I think everyone's on the same page as far as solid back-up generally being a good thing on this run though, if I were doing it with just one other person I'd want that person to be better than I am.  Fortunately that still leaves a rather large pool of paddlers to choose from. :P

-------------
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:43pm
*HA*! Totally didn't make the connection of "melger"... sorry Michael. I wasn't referring to you specifically, just making a generalized comment. Nothing more.

Irene you are part of that pool whether you think you are, or not

Posted By: thad2000
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 3:04pm
Probably too late but.. there is a post by osmelendez wanting to get out. his ph# is in the post and he's headed up there. Won't probably make it until four. Anyway, Hope you all can connect. He'll probably be at the put in around 4.

-------------
why not!

Posted By: irenen
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 5:42pm
LOL, thanks Gwendolyn!  On the good days, maybe... :)  We ended up not coordinating a run for today, hope osmelendez found someone to boat with.

-------------
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.

Posted By: osmelendez
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:59pm
did you make it out today? I took my play boat out on the upper green and it was a freaking SICK run! though I must admit I was a bit tense running it in my play boat. highly recommend this level.

Print Page | Close Window