Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11243
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:25am

Topic: Robe watch 2011
Posted By: water wacko
Subject: Robe watch 2011
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:08am
Robe is supposed to shoot up to 5.8 or so this Sat night!!!!!!!!!!      fu*k yeah, Team America.

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Replies:
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:09am
The question is... will it STOP at 5.8 after we put on??

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Posted By: Ellingferd
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 1:36pm
Uh, where do you see that? http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/station/flowplot/hydroPlot.php?id=GFLW1&pe=HG - http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/station/flowplot/hydroPlot.php?id=GFLW1&pe=HG

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 1:51pm
It was reading 5.8 this morning. dang

-------------

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 1:41am
Glad to see the Robe Watch is alive n well. If all goes well I may be back in the Seattle zone to hit up some Robelicious when the rains hit.

And there's no harm in a false alarm as far as the Robe Watch goes- ain't like callin 911 or nothin.
Ain't like no boy who cried wolf or nothin

Hell, if three rain drops hit the upside down haul of my boat while it sat in my yard (assuming I had a yard) I would consider it worthy grounds to activate the Robe Watch.

Well done.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Posted By: Fish
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 4:30pm
Moving this thread to the top of the list, these lame religious debate threads have derailed and hijacked this site.  

Robe will be in tomorrow and I plan on being there to mingle with the old man.   Any others out there miss old man Robe?    Call in sick,  call in a miracle, heck,  ask god if its ok if you paddle and ditch your responsibilities,  you will likely go to hell, but i'm pretty sure it will be worth it.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 6:09pm
Ha ha- as usual, Fish- you make a compelling argument!

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:06am

The Robe rally is on!   Meeting everyone at takeout at 3pm today.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:19am
roosty level.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:59am
dropping fast now!

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:51pm
Robe was sweet today, no new wood in play that I could see.  Level was just under 6ft when we put on, 5.85 at the stick at the end.     Going back again tomorrow afternoon if anyone is interested.

Posted By: WA-Boater
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:06am
Wed Oct 5 @ 10am - takeout.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 11:03pm
how 'bout Sun?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 11:03pm

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 12:26am
Not in the cards for me this weekend, maybe if it miraculously comes in early saturday morning (not likely at all).

I'm watching though. Watching and waiting. Been away from the Robe for way too long...

Just in case it does somehow, I'm going to be available for Robe on saturday. Not sunday though. Got other plans. But Sunday/Monday is probably when Robe will be in, if at all.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 8:21am
Shooting for this saturday, the 15th.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 8:29am
JP, Fish and I are going up to the Top Tye in a bit. Robe's a bit creamy for me.

-------------

Posted By: WhiteWaterWheat
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 1:13pm
haha, nice adjective.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:21pm
Thursday morning; 8:30am @ takeout.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 8:49pm
I'd like to. I'll try and reschedule some work stuff.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:40pm
Yeah, I'm looking at the weekend. I'm no longer available during the week :(

But on the bright side, I'll be boatin most weekends from now on flows depending.

Bump this Robe Watch!!

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 2:41pm
Bump

Hey Darren, i'm paddling Robe tomorrow but I cant make it that early.   I'm hoping to rally some folks to meet at 3pm Robe takeout.    

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 2:41pm
another weekend or two for me, but then i think my leg will be ready. excited to get back on robe!

Posted By: FLUID
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 10:48am
Bump.... Winter christening of old red. Back in the tree. Blue bird day !!! Good flow.... Winning !!! 3:00.      

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 12:45pm
I think Leif has been wanting to get on this run for a while now...you guys may want to contact him and see if he can go, I know he is looking for something to do this weekend, class V that is.

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:12am
Who is up for a special Halloween edition of Robe? Noonish? 206 free53 5101

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:38am
Yo I am. Just sent out the 'ol "level favs" to the 41411, and it said 5.3'and droppin. But then again the graph shows it shootin straight up through the roof. Either way, sooner is prolly better. But noon at take out would do.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:01pm
I musta been a good boy this year cuz Ol' Saint Nick is droppin' some treats!!! I'm down for an afternoon paddle, meet around 1?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:25pm
how is that possible? no precip? i see the gauge has gone up, but I dont believe it. did you get out there?

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:55pm
Sky came up too. I think it's a combo of higher elevation rain and snowmelt. I talked to someone in the area who said it was raining lightly on NF Stilly, but had stopped several hours ago.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:56pm
I too am skeptical~

{ Yet the Robe Watch has been activated

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:57pm

{ And Watch it Ye Shall

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 6:00pm
well if it comes in monday i am all in for that. got a new boat!!!!

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 6:00pm
Will confirm levels tomorrow night following visual inspection.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 11:28pm
No precip? Not sure what guage you guys are checking but try this one...
http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nws/hh/basins/data.html?stl+prec7 - http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/nws/hh/basins/data.html?stl+prec7
I"m planning a Tuesday am paddle after work. Meet around 9am. Feel free to join, love to have company. 253 549 3945 Darren

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 12:02am
Even with all these stupid man made gadgets to measure flow, level, temp, whatever... it's still fun tryin to figure out what the river's really doin!! I love it. Merry Christmas and to all a good paddlin'.   

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 9:34am
I have been out in Port Orchard and it was sunny here, seemed surprising it came in, but I guess the stilly is right in the convergence zone.

Posted By: tiziak
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
Monday at 8am?

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 10:24am
yikes, that is early as hell. dont think i would make that. have to go back to seattle and pick up boat and gear.

Posted By: tiziak
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 11:51am
I guess that is a bit early. I've only boated two days in December and I'm jones'n. Give me a call, I'm game for whenever.

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 1:45pm
The three days I'm out of town...
I swear I'm gonna have to start running it higher just so I can catch it. Have fun!

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 5:50pm
Dan, what is your number?

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 6:18pm
I am an idiot. Nevermind.

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 7:32am
So what time people want to meet? 5095548476.

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 7:39am
Johnathan, we're meeting at 10:30. 2063535101

-------------

Posted By: AMcEwan
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 9:52am
Anyone in for a Robe run today?

-Andrew
415 290 6860

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 12:01pm
I will be going Sunday morning. Any others?

-------------

Posted By: AMcEwan
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 5:00pm
Yea man. Not too early if possible.
-Andrew

Posted By: Hulkster
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 7:50pm
Anyone going tomorrow morning before the rain sets in?

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 8:56pm
I am interested in going. What time are you thinking? Supposed to start raining around 10am. 509 five five four 8476

Posted By: ChristianKnight
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 10:07pm
I'd like to go. What time?

-------------
Catch your eddies,
Christian

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:41am
Looks like we got a small crew going; meeting at the take out around 1030am

eight too eight three zero uno three dos sixty

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:56am
I'll see you there.

- Jonathan E.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:17am
looking like closer to 11am at the takeout

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:23am
Roger.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:46am
You guys, it's 2012. Time to start a new thread...

-------------

Print Page | Close Window