Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10440
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 11:38am

Topic: Ty warp paddles?
Posted By: ENDO
Subject: Ty warp paddles?
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 2:32pm
Confused with the ties with harmony? Are they the parent company, are they any good? Been running a werner rio and it needs to go.

Replies:
Posted By: Jed Hawkes
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 3:18pm
Perhaps Harmony bought out the company, for a long time they were an independent company.  I've picked up a few of them, never actually paddled them, but from what I could tell they were a quality paddle despite the goofy patterns they put on them. Perhaps there is somewhere you could demo one.

-------------
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723

Posted By: jhoff
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 10:08pm
I bought one in summer 2009 and snapped the blade paddling to catch a dinky little surf wave in shallow water in January 2010. Asking around shops/takeouts, I found that my experience with ty warp durability was pretty typical.

So for what it's worth from a random person on the internet, I would suggest sticking with Werner.

Posted By: Ellingferd
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 3:59pm
Buy a Werner. I dont understand how any other paddle manufacturer can continue to stay in business given the quality of Werner. In the last 9 years I have used only two fo their standard whitewater paddle (glass blades and shaft), and that is with an average of 70-80 days a year.

Posted By: Aquaholic
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:28pm
Besides Werner's reputation for good quality dont we want to support a LOCAL company?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window