Trip Discussion's: green on friday
Print Page | Close Window

green on friday

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3494
Printed Date: 04 Jun 2024 at 8:56am

Topic: green on friday
Posted By: jondufay
Subject: green on friday
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 8:07am

is there anybody that is free on friday and would like to run the gorge section on the green.  10 is just a suggestion.  come on out and test out your new christmas gifts.

jon

Replies:
Posted By: James
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 8:34am
I might be keen on that idea. I will need to check the flows tonight, but I am pretty sure I can swing that.

-------------

Posted By: Gavin M
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 11:33am

Is the gorge section runnable in a playboat?        &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;    I am still in the market for a creeker, since I lost my M3.         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;   Let me know if that is possible, otherwise I'll have to wait.         & nbsp;         & nbsp;       Know any good play spots?

Still bummed, still new, still needing to get out there in WA.

Gavin

-------------
Beats smashing your head through a door!

Posted By: Otter Boy
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 11:55am
I can go if we put on really bloody early (like around 7:30).

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 12:04pm
7:30 would be a tad to early for me... I would be looking at more around 9 or 10.

And yes the Upper Gorge is a Playboat run. Lets hope paradise is in.

-------------

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 12:18pm
Hey! I'd love to tag along as well. It's been awhile since I ran the Gorge ane I'd love to get on it again.

...um- would any of you be heading there from Seattle? My car broke down a couple weeks ago, so I'm without wheels temporarily. This rain has been making me JONES to get on the river! so if I can carpool with anyone I'd love to go.

By the way James-- I patched my skirt! no need to stuff moss in there to keep the water out!

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 12:38pm
I was a bit worried about that little problem. If my memory serves me correctly our patch job did not hold all that well 

I have to talk to a few folks before I join this trip, but I am pretty sure I am in.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 12:44pm

I live in seattle, Ballard to be exact. I could hook you up with a ride if you give me some directions.

You can help me get to the river too.

Gavin

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 12:54pm
Cool, Gavin. I live on Beacon Hill. My house is easy to get to from Ballard via either I-5 or 99, pick your poison.

Anyway, I'd really like to go. I could navigate us there, no prob.

What's the verdict, everyone? When might we go?
James? 9, 10?
OtterBoy? 7:30?(ouch!)<I'd still be down!
Gavin? your prefered time?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 1:45pm

I'd prefer to go for 9 or 10, but if it must be 7:30, so be it.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 2:03pm

please advise - I will have to run the river in a pyranha S6x!

does that make the green "CLASS FUN" or "CLASS DEATH"?

-------------

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 2:46pm
Dude, at 1500, you can run anything down it safely, definetly funner in a play boat at lower levels.

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 2:48pm
I'm partial to 9 or 10 as well, but Like Gavin says, if 7:30, "so be it"!!

Gavin-- with regards to your choice of boat, I can't really advise you, due to the fact that I'm not sure what that model of kayak looks like. If it's a really low volume boat, I guess it all comes down to CFS and how good your roll is.

Anyone else have a mental image of the Pyranha S6x? After a few decades of boat design, I've lost track.

Worst case scenerio, you can count on me to keep an eye on you if you end up having to get wet from the waist down. But I agree with Dave .

Posted By: workskipper
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 2:53pm
Hey Gavin M, what does that say at the top, I cant quite make it out? Anyway, the workskipper is back after a long bought of work and riding, I may show up tomorrow and run the river, I need to meditate on it for a few.

-------------
I would never dream of skipping work to boat!

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 3:29pm
upon further review, the call onthe field stands, I will be there at 10am.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 4:02pm
Count me in too I will be there at 10:00 am

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 5:10pm

So it sounds like 10:00am then.

Gavin--I'll call you tonight.

Posted By: j berry
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 6:15pm
i wish i could go but i got basketball practice from 9-1030  i could make it there by 1115 at the earliest if anyome is willing to go a little later. i just got a new drysuit and im eager to use it

-------------
Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 6:26pm
Ummm, dont look know, but the green jUst jumped to nearly 3000cfs in about 2 hours. It just became a significant class 4 run, I cant do it at that level in a techno, I want to live.. Maybe it wiil drop a bit for tomorrow. What are these dam guys doing? Its up its down, up down up down, make up their minds dammit.

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 6:29pm
Ill still be there in the morning anyway, if its to hi, Ill just run the short upper section in the park, or maybe just take some photographs of you guys.

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 6:37pm
dave are you going to flaming gyser? if you are i could meet up with you and we could do some laps?

-------------
Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 6:50pm
hey wait why does it say that i'm the trip leader?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 8:24pm

Yeah, my password problem is solved!!!!!!!!

See you guys tomorrow, rain, or lots of rain I'll be there.

You know you've got a kayaking problem when you try to guess the cfs as you fill an ice cube tray!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 8:27pm

I think because you are at the top of the second page.

James, you should really get that fixed.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 8:50pm
Workskipper will still be at the paradise ledge put in at 10am, and will then see what transpires.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 8:51pm
Workskipper will still be at the paradise ledge takeout at 10am, and will then see what transpires.

-------------

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2005 at 11:18pm

wow, 4k is a bit stout.  i will check flows in the morning, this maybe out of my realm.  we will see.

jon

Posted By: Tundra80
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2005 at 12:00am

i may also be up for it. 4 grand is about my max for a playboat, so if it jumps above that, i might bring the creeker! Gotta see whats going on in the morning...getting married soon so its the honey do list!

Ara

Posted By: huckin harms
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2005 at 8:43am

Called the very nice folks at HH dam.  Nancy said releases would plane out at 1,500cfs.  She did add that this is of course subject to change at any moment. 

Have a good one!

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2005 at 9:18am
Hot dang .... all my buddies are bailing on me for the Sky Drainage. What do I do?

Follow your nose tucan joe to the smell that everyone loves and knows.

I bummed that I will have to bag on this one. Let me know how it goes...

I will see what I can do about that little boo boo on the 2nd page of the trip. Definitly something that needs to be fixed!!!

See ya out there guys

To dave: Piss Off A

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2005 at 9:41am
workskipper is skipping the trip, crazy end of year stuff, plus river is on a roller coaster ride. See ya next year!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window