Professor Paddle: SE Boater Visiting PNW Next Week vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: SE Boater Visiting PNW Next Week Post Reply Post New Topic
jerryj
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jerryj Replybullet Topic: SE Boater Visiting PNW Next Week
    Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 7:45am
Hi -

I'll be visiting PNW next week, coming into Seattle.  I boat Class 4/5 to 5 stuff in the S.E. and looking for similar Cascade opportunities Mon/Tue/Wed before heading up to BC for another 4 to 5 days.  What are current levels on Icicle, Ohanny, Cowlitz etc?  Runnable next week?  Anyone open to boat and show 2 SE boys the goods, share shuttle Mon-Wed?

Thanks,
Jerry Jascomb
Cell # 770.595.3256
JJ
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:30am
Hey Jerry, I'll sent you a text. I'll probably be around!

-Brett Barton
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:17am
I have a question... Is this by chance the same jerry jascomb in a past issue of Canoe and Kayak ?

If so here is what I recommend... Meet up with Rob, a fellow old man ripper (although he does not qualify as old, and tears up the term ripper) He lives to boat and can session your ass up one side and down the other of the Hwy 2 drainage...

Icicle is dropping pretty quick now, but the goods will be in while you are here, of course you can dip into the tumwater if you like too. Consider the hike into Thunder because it is coming into range now and is kinda on your  way to the BC border. The nooksack stuff is going to be in for a while too and that is right at the border.

I would be all over boating with ya, but I am a lame duck right now. Hope you have a blast up in the PNW, and watch out for that Barton guy... j/k

Edited by James - 14 Jul 2010 at 10:18am
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 4:51pm
I definitely can't lead any class IV/V stuff, but I have Monday-Thursday off next week and depending on the run I might be up for tagging along. I can lead the BC Chehalis and would be up for the Chilliwack if either of those are a part of your plans.

Kyle
I smell bacon
jerryj
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote jerryj Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 7:00am
Yeah, that's me.  Team Geeze boater.

Jerry
JJ
jerryj
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote jerryj Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 7:20am
Hey, Brett - got your texts, thanks, and I appreciate all replies!  Looking forward to coming out to PNW, was last out in 2007 in BC and it was a blast. 
Jerry Jascomb
JJ
jerryj
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote jerryj Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 8:06am
Hey, James - I think we met back in 2007?  Were you up in BC for the weekend in late July that year.....I think it was the Birkenhead?

Anyway, thanks for responding, and sorry you can't boat next week.  Not sure who Rob is, but let me know.  Think I'm going to let Brett get me trashed in big holes....ha.  Headed up to meet with Leland Davis the 23-25th for the Callaghan thing.

Jerry
JJ
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 9:39am
That was me jerry!, I totally forgot, I wish I could get out there with you, Have a great time!
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 9:45am
I am so glad this turned out well and the SE paddler is NOT from Ohio.
Sure?
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 10:31am
The Funny thing is-- Rob was also featured in the same issue as you, Jerrry. BTW I think it is awesome to see ya pop up on here lookin for folks to boat with.

Me? I'm very likely gonna be available to paddle Mon - Wed next week. I'm rather confined to the White Salmon, but if there's one river I'm happy to be confined to, it is the White Salmon. So if you wanna come paddle the Green Truss before you head up to BC, hit me up down here via this site- send me a PM.

The Green Truss section of the White Salmon is at a decent medium flow right now- lots of fun!

The Little White is gettin a wee Bit low. people can still scrape down it, but it could be a boat breaker if you don't know where you are going  down to the finer 3" wide line or so.
anyway, send me a PM if you wanna come down. I've been paddling for a few decades myself, and I know the Truss really well. What ever you do, have a great time boating out here!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version