Professor Paddle: Powerhouse? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Powerhouse? Post Reply Post New Topic
Weide
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Weide Replybullet Topic: Powerhouse?
    Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 12:57pm
Is the powerhouse run still open? I got a buddie that wants to try out boating. Recent beta anyone?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
fiddleyak
McNasty
McNasty

Quote fiddleyak Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 1:06pm
I went tubing there last week. We parked a little ways downstream from the powerhouse (which has no access) along the road. Our car got broken into AND got a sticker saying it would be towed soon, at around 7 PM.
I recommend not parking past the signs that say "No Parking". This means you have to put in ~1/2 mile from the powerhouse => lose out on the "best" rapids.
Plenty of water, pretty good stuff!
Kelly_C
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Kelly_C Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 1:23pm
I was down there with the kids to go swimming this weekend.  Standard beer float mayhem.  BUT, they had a private security guard stationed at Tokul bridge to keep anyone from going up the road.  I like to take the kids to the sandy beach that's above the surf wave drop but he wouldn't even let me park below and walk up the 500 yards to that spot.  Seems a bit strange to me that a private enterprise can prevent us from accessing a public road.  And, once the level drops enough for the wave to come in I'd much rather walk up to it than try to walk the bank.  In the little Fall City newsletter they had a phone number for someone at PSE - I'll give a call and see what they have to say.  Accessing at the top of road looks pretty undoable, they've fenced off the whole backside of the parking lot and had alot of heavy machinery in there.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 9:19pm
Why not just put in at the lower takeout then paddle upstream for the extra workout. Then you just have to walk a couple of drops and you can paddle all the way up to the falls. Unless they have the river blocked off and security on the river.
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Courtney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Whitewater,sea kayaking, snowboarding, backpacking.

Quote Courtney Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 9:39am
I was planning on taking my son kayaking on his first river this summer.  We had been planning on the Powerhouse but since it's close what are some other good first time river for a 6 year old?

Courtney
Scott_H
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Scott_H Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 10:33am
I was hoping the "walk up from the lower take out" method Dave said would be available.  Seems like it should since nothing I read said the actual river was closed - just the upper access, but haven't had the occasion to get out there yet and try it. 

If it was available, I am pretty cool with doing the paddle upstream\walk upstream method.  I end up finishing back at the car and normally have a walk back up the hill anyway. 

If anything, this should mean some of those nice sandy beaches might be pretty deserted for all but us intrepid boaters.
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version