Professor Paddle: Team Pyranha Sky run, boat demo & movie n vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Event: Team Pyranha Sky run, boat demo & movie n - Event Date: 11 Jul 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote irenen Replybullet Calendar Event: Team Pyranha Sky run, boat demo & movie n
    Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:26pm
This Sunday, July 11, join Dave Fusilli and Team Pyranha for a gorgeous day on the Skykomish River, tips from world class paddlers and free boat demos.  (This would be a great time to try out the new Molan playboat or the 2010 Burn.)

You can also reserve a boat by calling AquaSports before Sunday at 425-869-7067.

Paddle will be followed by a 7 pm movie showing of Dashboard Empanada at AquaSports in Redmond
, refreshments starting at 6 pm and schwag giveaways for one and all - no one will leave empty-handed!

(Even if you can't make the paddle feel free to show up for movie night.)

Paddle meets at noon by the park in Index for a run down to Split Rock.

Movie night at AquaSports in Redmond at 7 pm, refreshments start at 6 pm - click here for directions.

More info including a cute photo of the Official AquaSports Party Animal if you click here.

SYOTR!

Edited by James - 08 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:52pm
and maybe a Top Tye lap...
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:12pm
Looking forward to this. Thanks for the post Irene!
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:31pm
Glad you're going to make it Blair!
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:53pm
Hey Irene

Edited by Blair - 25 Jun 2013 at 1:45pm
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:26am

Hey Blair, no worries on the shuttle, if you show up at the park in the town of Index at noon there will be enough people to arrange it.  I'm doing a paddle first and will be cutting it close to be there right at noon but should make it, if you don't see people there just hang out for a few minutes and we'll be there shortly - see you there!

Irene

irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 7:29am
And just a reminder to one and all, the paddle is today at noon meeting at the park in Index, plenty of Pyranha boats to demo, followed by movie night with Team Pyranha at AquaSports in Redmond, refreshments starting at 6 pm and Dashboard Empanada movie showing at 7 pm, plus various free kayaking schwag for all, so mosey on over!
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:04pm
Just wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone who came out for the Sky paddle and the party at AquaSports yesterday, it was an awesome day on the river with a great turnout and a bunch of people demo-ing Pyranha boats - plus not to mention the last warm and sunny day for a few days!

Thanks Gwendolyn, Adam, Dave, Mike, and Amanda for helping me out shlepping gear around, and to Matt LeBlanc for pointing out that I was about to drive away leaving AquaSport's Molan playboat at Split Rock.   Blair, congrats on styling Boulder Drop your very first time down at 4200 cfs!

Also a big thanks to Charles from AquaSports for putting on the whole event and generously giving away a bunch of kayaking gear at the party, including a pfd and shweeet Sweet Helmet.  I know I'm affiliated with the store (full disclosure :) but from the comments I heard I think this comes from everyone - we're really fortunate to have a local store owner around who just totally loves the world of whitewater kayaking and gets psyched about getting people into it just for the sake of having them be able to experience it too.

And, Team Pyranha rocks - awesome boaters and I'm always impressed with how just darn nice they are.

OK, I know this was kind of wordy but a lot of people came together to make yesterday a great day so I thought it was worth a shout out.  SYOTR!
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:19pm
Thanks for the invite to this fantastic day. So glad I was able to make it and enjoy it. Couldn't of asked for a better day to introduce myself to Boulder Drop. And yes, thanks to everyone for being so nice and to Charles for hosting and for the free giveaways. I was stoked to get a new polyester shirt for under my dry top (what the hell do I call this shirt?).

Great community of paddlers! Gotta love this sport.

-BLAIR

Couple pics after the ride. Hangin with Dave Fusilli and team Pyranha coolin off with some PBRs.

Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 3:33pm
Nicole of Team Pyranha (one in the pictures above with the nice black eye) uploaded pictures from the day. Here is the link. She gave permission to take them and use them as you please. ;-)

http://www.teampyranha.com/2010/07/13/skykomish-river-paddle-session/

ENJOY
-BLAIR
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 4:09pm
Hey Blair,

I think you linked the url to the thread for this post, if you copy and paste the url it works fine (and no upside down pictures of me, yay! ) but if you just click on the link it goes to the top of the thread page.

Thanks for all the photo stuff by the way, those are nice!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version