Professor Paddle: cartwheels at paradise vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: cartwheels at paradise Post Reply Post New Topic
matta
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote matta Replybullet Topic: cartwheels at paradise
    Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 12:43pm

Still trying to get cartwheels down and was looking at this schematic. http://professorpaddle.com/media/photoview.asp?File_Id=356

I assume that a "right side initiated cartwheel" means that your using your right hand paddle blade initially and that your right foot would be the first part of your body to go in the water at the start of the cartwheel? As a result the rule of thumb at paradise woudl be that you should be doing cartwheels that keeps the bottom of your boat facing the center of the hole?

I ask b/c whatever the guy in the picture is doing appears to the opposite, if he was doing a cartwheel.

thanks!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 12:59pm
So yea that guy is cartwheeling and the side will be argued for ages. Funny thing is that furniture makers consider the side of  furniture based on how you use it, but many interior designers considers the sides based on how you view it.  IE the right arm of the chair is scuffed, well are you looking at the chair or sitting in it when you determine the side?

Now for cartwheels, and I know this is different for everyone, so I am just speaking for myself. I consider the side of the wheel based on the side of the boat your wheel initiates on and continues to rotate with which can change (thus splits). The picture you have linked is a left sided wheel.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version