Professor Paddle: Huge Thanks are in order!!! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Huge Thanks are in order!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tiziak Replybullet Topic: Huge Thanks are in order!!!
    Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 4:59pm
I know I scammed out of town pretty fast after the Ball. But I would like to point out that this event would never have been possible without a few key people. Adam and I provided the Beer and the Ramp, the community came together and made the event happen.

First off I would like to personally thank the people who came out and missed valuable river time to help Adam and I setup and then break down camp.

Joe Howard: You are the freaking Man. This years event would not have happened without this man. Beers on me any time buddy. And thanks for the ride!

John Shelby and Katie Doctor: You two spent a miserably hot weekend listening to me bitch while we set up the ramp. I really appreciate all of your help.

Larry Straton: I had never met you before the ramp setup weekend. You spent 3 days helping total strangers rig up an aluminum monstrosity in disgusting heat while the river meandered by so longinly... Thank you!

James: You made the whole thing possible big guy. Sorry I was so agro that first weekend!

Lindsay Myrick: Thank you for being the PP Ball Swiss army knife. Lindsay helped with just about everything this year, including putting up with me. Thank you so much:)

Brian Pernick: You stuck around long after everyone had left and you were probably late for work on Monday. Thanks dude.

Ray Weinrich: You stuck around as well, even after my bad directions to the Mexican place! Thank you for taking the Monster back to Seattle.

And then there are our sponsors...
I will be sending out a much more formal thanks to all of our generous sponsors but I have to call out Charles Graves at AquaSports. Charles gave us a brand new creek boat and paddle to auction and raffle off to raise money for our fallen comrade. This is a HUGE thing in this day and age people. Banks are failing, the government is doing whatever it does and Kayaker's are as "bargain oriented" as ever. The fact that we received so much in donations from our sponsors is amazing, on top of that Charles gives us a brand new kayak. This is not a publicity or marketing stunt, this was an investment in our community. One of the most diverse and incredible communities I have ever been lucky enough to be a part of. Thank you Charles and thank you to all of our amazing sponsors. Please give them business and let them know why you are giving them said business! Because they support us even when profits and morale are low. They believe in the untamed and partly crazy aspect of the obscure kayaker mentality that makes this sport and the people who partake in it so incredible.

If I forgot to mention your name, I apologize in advance. But, if you know me, this shouldn't surprise you in the slightest...

Peace-
Dan

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 9:19am
Thanks to you too, of course, Dan. That was one hell of an event. I've been into this wonderful world of whitewater for 25+ years now and been to my share of events in my time and I have to say this year's PP Ball really stood out at the head of the pack.

And also I'd like to echo your props to Charles and Aquasports. When I went in to pick out a boat, he was real helpful and though the announcement was the donation of a Burn or Molan, he actually offered any ww boat I wanted, including the new Jacksons... though in the end I did settle on a Burn... which I have already put some nice scratches on during an Maiden voyage on Canyon Creek this weekend (on the class 2 section).
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 9:43am
And of course we don't forget Joe and Yotes...dood that Sat Night Jam was pretty amazing... Nice work everyone!!!!

I am super stoked that your getting that Hard Shell out Joe!!! This is pretty exciting, maybe we can do a run on the upper gorge before hitting up the Concert in White River on the 22nd !!!!!
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 10:43am
Dan your sponsor collection was amazing. Thank you and all the others for all the work so that so many of us could just show up and enjoy that weekend.
More water, please.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 2:50pm
Yeah, Dan- we still owe you and Adam lots of thanks, for sure! Pretty good for such a grassroots event!

And Charles- you da man!

Joe- glad you got the Burn. Despite any color schemes, that boat is quite... METAL!
You need to get some Iron Maiden stickers on that thing, buddy!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 2:59pm
Yeah, the Burn is a sweeeeeet ride. I got the jaffa/grey combo, as it looked the most metal. Despite not running anything in a hard boat in about 3 years its all coming back fast. That boat is a real confidence builder and performs so well, it seems to practically translate thoughts into action.
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 9:46am
Originally posted by jP

Yeah, Dan- we still owe you and Adam lots of thanks, for sure! Pretty good for such a grassroots event!

And Charles- you da man!

Joe- glad you got the Burn. Despite any color schemes, that boat is quite... METAL!
You need to get some Iron Maiden stickers on that thing, buddy!

Yeah, it's so Metal... I had to find a run with a Haunted House on it for it's first run.

JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 9:49am
Oh, that was tiny. Here's a better shot...

WA-Boater
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote WA-Boater Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 12:47pm

Are results/times posted anywhere?

rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 7:35am
creek race results on this thread
http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9643

I'm not sure if the rodeo results got posted but Nick won with half a paddle.

and the ramp went down Joe, Rob,Conner
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version