Professor Paddle: Trinity vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Trinity Post Reply Post New Topic
xanthopb
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Can Fangula the Greek!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xanthopb Replybullet Topic: Trinity
    Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:20pm
Any one dialed in the levels for trinity?  We were over there last night 12k and it wasn't really in.  I had thought over 10k it starts and 13k is the sweet spot.  Thoughts, comments and concerns are all appreciated.  -Brad
O-Qua Tangin Wann
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:32pm
I always thought it was around 9500 to around 12k before it started washin out. Maybe something has changed in there. What was grannies like? That thing has certainly changed as it was a thrash pile at 6k when it used to be more of a wave feature.

Oh and what about the trestle wave ... dang that thing was off the hizzle around 6izzle.
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:30pm
What I have noticed over the last few years is that trinity has been coming in at lower and lower levels. My guess is that more water is moving to that side of the river due to some shift in the gravel bar that is on the other side, upstream a bit. I want to say that 9500 was prime last year, but I also remember it being in at around 11k.

The other thing to consider is that it is the first time the river has come up this season. I have noticed that, for some reason, it takes a little while for features to come in. I remember in years past driving to grannies for the first water of the season and it not really being in when it should be.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2010 at 5:29pm
Yeah, it seems clear to me after a few seasons on the Wenatchee that the riverbed is prone to annual changes-- Grannie's and Suffocator seem to change at least slightly every year. That chunk of rock that Rodeo Hole forms up from perhaps being the exception.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:36pm
Second that. BTW, grannies is sweet at 7500, and it isnt that hard to get to the eddy, a change from previous years.
altasnob
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote altasnob Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2010 at 7:53pm
I've heard that the features need to have the sediment washed out before they come in. Explains why Trinity doesn't come to life until after the first big flow. 
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by jP

Yeah, it seems clear to me after a few seasons on the Wenatchee that the riverbed is prone to annual changes-- Grannie's and Suffocator seem to change at least slightly every year. That chunk of rock that Rodeo Hole forms up from perhaps being the exception.

That's for sure the Wenatchee changes from year to year. Just as one example, Suffocator wave has switched been anywhere from non-existent to a nasty beatdown machine over the years.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:08am
The current "window" seems to be this... when Rodeo is IN (above 12k) everything, but Turkey Shoot is out. As levels drop Trinity starts to come in and is prime between 9 and 10k. As Trinity drops out Granny's comes in. Suffocator has changed a lot since the flood. I surfed the big green glassy left side for awhile last night around 11k? Granny's was surfable, but def not great. Turkey Shoot is in at all levels, but prime between 9-13k.
shrek
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote shrek Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:53am
Hey Brad maybe you and Joe just suck.  have you considered that?
Wildcard!
wwaddict
Paddler
Paddler

Quote wwaddict Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:57pm
i like to surf upside down.  if I can even catch the wave.
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:34pm
I have had some huge moves at 15k at turkey shoot. just sayin.
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:28am
Fish surfed Trinity in the Pyranha Zone on sunday at low levels when the wave was a big glassy mother, and he had the best surf of the weekend. That boat was fast enough to catch the fast wave, but short enough that he kept the nose up and was carving that thing all over the face. Definatly worth getting out in one of those boats for those low water Wenatchee days and surf all those beautiful glassies. Also the wave below grannies was a winner.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version