Professor Paddle: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge - Launched!!!! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge - Launched!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
First Descents
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote First Descents Replybullet Topic: EddyFlower Vertical Challenge - Launched!!!!
    Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:12pm
I hope you were able to get out this weekend to log some serious vert...from the looks of the standings I see that some of you definitely did...

Right now, we have several teams who are paddling their faces off. I'm losing my stomach just reading their vert report:

THE Off the Couch Team - 24,870
Paddlers Union - 10,590
Front Range Freedom Fighters - 9,745

However, Front Range Freedom Fighters is way ahead of the game in donations with already a whopping $610.00!!! While this is definitely a challenge to see who can get the most feet in the 32 days, it is also a challenge to see who can raise the most money.

It's simple really - if each team raises at least $1,000 that will put one paddler on the river at a First Descents Camp and your efforts would send over 40 paddlers to a kayaking program!!!! That's changing the lives of 40 young adults who wouldn't have had the opportunity to do so without your help. Let me break it down even further...if your team consists of 5 people (the max) then each person only has to raise $200. That's asking 10 of your friends and or family members for $20. Fundraising is simple. Here's how you do it: 1. write a letter telling your friends and family what you're doing and why you're doing it and ask for their support in your efforts. 2. send it to everyone you know with a link embedded that directs them to your page where they can make a donation in your name. 3. Keep asking, updating and thanking your friends and family who support you!

And, who doesn't want to win an awesome trip to Panama!!!! Keep a look out for details as I will keep updating you once a week on standings, releasing different prizes to let you know what we have this year! Also, please send pics to Nick Aguon - islandertek@gmail.com and we will be posting on facebook and our blog and picking a winner each week who has the best one! And all videos can be mailed to Nick at 12935 Ironstone Way #202, Parker, CO 80134. Nick will be putting together an on-line video with all of your pictures and videos!!

See ya out there!

Brad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jblum
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Don Blumin Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jblum Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2010 at 10:04pm
Perhaps a link would be helpful:

http://www.eddyflower.com/EventDetail.aspx?EventId=54
JHB