Professor Paddle: Come Paddle with me! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: Come Paddle with me! Post Reply Post New Topic
First Descents
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote First Descents Replybullet Topic: Come Paddle with me!
    Posted: 08 May 2010 at 8:39am
Hey Paddlers!
I hope this post finds you all well and enjoying the first signs of run off. If you haven’t heard already, Eddy Flower is hosting the 4th annual vertical challenge, which is a great way to get your season started! If you don’t know what the vertical challenge is, here’s the low down- go to www.eddyflower.com and sign up, send an email to friends and family to support you and log as many vertical feet on EF’s website as possible from May 15 to June 15. There are many ways to win and many prizes to be won!
There are some awesome new things happening with this year’s event so read up, sign up and PADDLE!   All of your efforts will raise money for young adults with cancer to learn the sport we all love so much.
In case you need some incentive, here are some great reasons to compete-
1.     Get your name in the VERTICAL CLUB! There are 4 levels in the club – 10,000 ft plus $250 in funds raised, 15k ft club plus $500, 20k and $750 and the 30,000 FT club plus $1,000 raised.
2.     Get your name in the VERTICAL LEGENDS club! This is a serious challenge. To be number 1, you have to paddle over 39,555 in 32 days, a record set by Tom Janney in 2008. The next closest person is Paul Hemming (EF’s founder) with 34,950 in 2007. Good luck my friends!
3.     Do the right thing, hit up everyone you know and raise enough money for First Descents to be among the DONATION LEGENDS. In 2009, Robert Baca single handedly raised over $4,000 in his efforts.
Prizes will be awarded to winners in numerous categories, parties will be thrown at the end of the event and all of the money goes to support First Descents in their efforts to provide free kayak and outdoor adventure programs to young adults with cancer. Get your team signed up today! There are several divisions including Class 3, 4 and 5 to Women’s teams to Weekend Warriors. Yup, you heard me! If you can’t paddle everyday but still love it like your brother, this is your category. NEW this year, it allows you to paddle as much as you can for the 32 day window and then takes your top 10 days of paddling and adds them up for your VC total.
First Descents will be here to provide support, fundraising ideas and party planning! Please contact me, brad@firstdescents.org with any questions! I’ll be busy competing alongside some Survivors and FD Alum on Team Beyond Cancer but I’ll get back to you asap!
See you out there!
Brad Ludden
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version