Professor Paddle: Gas siphoned at Cabledrop vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Gas siphoned at Cabledrop Post Reply Post New Topic
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote irenen Replybullet Topic: Gas siphoned at Cabledrop
    Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:48pm

Just a heads up that a car got gas siphoned out of it Cabledrop on Monday, we had enough to get into Gold Bar but just barely.  I'm looking into getting a locking gas tank cap.

It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:01pm
That is just plain messed up!
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 7:32pm
At least they left the stereo this time.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:08pm
I dunno I think I might rather have my gas then a stereo. I mean a full tank these days is like $75.00 for me ... that is almost as much as a new stereo. I am glad I have an anti-siphon tank.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:26pm
Are you kidding me? I guess I forgot to thank Charles for the gas, we were running pretty low...just kidding. My tank was already on empty so if they tried they probably just got pissed off sucking fumes. Good thing Dave and I didn't fill up before we went up there.
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:53am
Suspicions confirmed - we thought it was you, Dave! :)  Just kidding.  Glad they didn't get you too.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:52am
That kind of creeps me out thinking that some low life is lurking around our cars while we are out having fun. I also just remembered your dog was up there too, maybe that is what kept them from breaking into our cars?

I wonder if it would be safer to park at the bridge from now on? Maybe drop everything off at cable drop then the driver drops the car off at the bridge and runs back up?
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 1:28pm

That seems like a 'hefty' jog back-up and over, then down... or just call me lazy.

The confluence area should be way better, but then you never know.  I like Irene's idea:  a lock fuel cap.  A simple cheap fix- just like what those tweakers are looking for. 
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 2:18pm
Tweakers?? Why do you say that... you have no proof at all. For all you know it might have been our governor making sure gas tax revenues increase somehow. I only say that because I know for a fact that our politicians suck!!!
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by dave

That kind of creeps me out thinking that some low life is lurking around our cars while we are out having fun.

Time for a mini Dave-bashing session, but don't take it personal, I just wanna play Devil's Av for a second:

I DON"T CONDONE thievery or breaking into cars, stealing gas, ect. But your statement exemplifies the very sort of IGNORANCE that makes us vulnerable as a society.

"It was the best of times it was the worst of times..."--- just be thankfull you have $$$$ to drive out into "the middle of nowhere" just to "have fun".

Originally posted by huckin harms

...A simple cheap fix- just like what those tweakers are looking for. 

You're prolly right. It's prolly a "tweaker". Just remember that we ARE in a deep recession. We've turned a blind eye to systemic problems with our economy for a few decades now, and we've allowed these conditions to ripen in our society. Unless we start thinking more criticaly and soon, EXPECT MORE OF THIS TYPE OF DESPERATION from people who may not be tweakers but may simply have mouths to feed... Even if they are tweakers, the same thing applies. We may not like it, but we gotta try to educate these chumps-- a better education system instead of these dumb ass wars would go along way...

Having said that if I caught someone siphoning gas out of a kayaker's rig, I'd be breaking out my Clint Eastwood impersonation!

Originally posted by James

Tweakers?? Why do you say that... you have no proof at all. For all you know it might have been our governor making sure gas tax revenues increase somehow. I only say that because I know for a fact that our politicians suck!!!

good one. It's true, but at the same time, everything was FUBAR well before they got into office... Still, they perpetuate it, and so do we through our indifference (the bulk of us) and inaction. You get what you pay for (or don't pay for). It sucks but its true.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version